My new interior

I got my carbon vinyl through today so i wrapped the center console and strips. Its alot harder than it looks and the vinyl did'nt stretch much whic made it harder. Anyway on with the pics
js800_IMG_8043.gif
js800_IMG_8044.gif
js800_IMG_8046.gif
js800_IMG_8049.gif
js800_IMG_8051.gif
js800__MG_8060.jpg
Thanks for looking

That looks brilliant! I can imagine that it was pretty difficult to do! How much was the vinyl and where did you get it from if you dont mind me asking?

Cheers mate, Yes its very hard to do:lol:so hard i'm having to do it again. If you can wait a couple of weeks i'll let you have some for free as i've got 1.5 by 3m roll of it, It was £40.

looks good Nick,

just need to try and pop some of the air bubbles to get that perfect finish, :thumbup1:

did you get it nice and hot with an hairdryer - used stuff like this in the past and heat works wonders !

Here's the second attempt:smiley:, It's defonetly better but not perfect. It turns out theres alot better quality vinyl's out there like 3M. So i'll do it again with that in a couple of months time.
js800__MG_8067.gif
js800_IMG_8074.gif
js800_IMG_8073.gif
js800_IMG_8071.gif

All that stuff in that kit i have at work and i can have it for free:smile:. Chances are i'll remove the vinyl on the center console pretty soon anyway.

I just had a possible brainwave. I fly model aircraft too, and sometimes use a product called profilm. It is a polyester heatshrink film, which is very good at moulding around curves. It is normally applied with a covering iron, like a small domestic one you use on your clothes. This is used to seal around the edges, activating the glue. Once done, it is shrunk with a heatgun, or very hot hairdryer. This shrinks the covering evenly, and adheres it to the surface.
If the glue sticks, it would probably work really well. Its hardwearing being resistant to model fuel, and available in many colours including carbon and carbon kevlar. If I get a chance I might try covering an old bit of trim in the garage to see how it works.