My new 197 :D

Hi Guys,

Some of you may know that I have been on here for a while now, but been saving up for a clio 197. Well the time has come and I have purchased one. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

I have purchased morty's albi blue 197. I absolutely love it. It have been kept in mint condition, and I am going to keep it that way. :thumbup:

As I was driving back home, I had the radio on, but I could hear a very very high pitched beep sound. "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" I thought it was the signal on the radio but it wasn't. However, I drove it again in the evening and it went away. :thumbup:

You may be able to help me on this, but I know the clio has got "guide me home" lights, is this where the front sidelights turn on and off depending on whether you are turning the wheel left or right? Again this was another thing I found out last night. My first initial thought of guide me home lights was that the main headlight projector beam moves right or left going on your turning.

Do any of you have the same thing with the side lights?

I have attached a few pics for you all to see. I took them yesterday on my way home.

Hope you like.

Cheers,

Chris :thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSC_0402.jpg
    DSC_0402.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC_0412-1.jpg
    DSC_0412-1.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC_0414.jpg
    DSC_0414.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 45
sidelights are " cornering lights" mate a seperate bulb comes on when you corner IMO absolutely useless lol

The guide me home lights are the normal lights. When you stop the car on your driveway, open the door so the ignition goes off and flash the head lights. The lights will then stay on for a perod of time. The more flashes you do, the longer they stay on. So for example, 2 fashes is 30 seconds.
The cornering lights are seperate as leg said, they light up as you turn the wheel (when the headlights are on) at speeds below 37mph. They don't actually move.

The guide me home lights are the normal lights. When you stop the car on your driveway, open the door so the ignition goes off and flash the head lights. The lights will then stay on for a perod of time. The more flashes you do, the longer they stay on. So for example, 2 fashes is 30 seconds.
The cornering lights are seperate as leg said, they light up as you turn the wheel (when the headlights are on) at speeds below 37mph. They don't actually move.

I tried the flashing lights thing and you are right they stay on for longer, until you open the door after taking the key card out and then everything shuts down which I also like as well. :smile: Technology has moved on soo much these days. :smiley:

Cheers for the info tho mate

Does any of you find when you lock you car, after pressing the button twice to activate the deadlock, when you pull the door handle once it opens again. Is this suppose to happen? I don't pull the handle anymore and just watch the red light come on the centre console to know it's locked.

There must be a time from when it locks to you able to pull the handle to open it again. However, if u lock it and come back after 2 hours for example it stays locked until you press the button the key card.

Hope this makes sense? Hope it's an all-round thing and not just my central locking.

cheers

If you lock the door, you have 3 seconds to try it to make sure it is locked. After then it will just open the doors again. You shouldn't have to use the key card buttons to open the car, you should just be able to put your hand behind the door handle, wait for the car to unlock and then pull the door handle. You can use the card if you want to, but it isn't really neccessary.

If you lock the door, you have 3 seconds to try it to make sure it is locked. After then it will just open the doors again. You shouldn't have to use the key card buttons to open the car, you should just be able to put your hand behind the door handle, wait for the car to unlock and then pull the door handle. You can use the card if you want to, but it isn't really neccessary.

O right cool. Cheers mate. Still learning little things here and there on how the clio electronics work and this and that so apologies if any of it sounds petty. lol.