My LY R27...

Right I've been on here a couple of months now and thought it was time to say hello and put a few pics up of my Clio. I used to own an 182FF but decided i wanted something a bit bigger and quicker, so I bought an Astra VXR. I loved the Astra and had it running EDS Stage 3 @ 320bhp. But I get bored very easily with cars and decided on going back to a Clio.

So I joined the forum and contacted Steve Murr about sourcing an R27. Within a couple of weeks Steve got back to me and said he had a mint LY R27 for me. So that Saturday I took the very very long trip from Runcorn to Kent, the Clio was exactly how Steve had described and I was a very happy chappy :thumbup: The drive home was excellent!!

So a big thanks to Steve for his help. I have no plans to mod(as of yet anyway!). I just want to enjoy the car for how it is. The handling is amazing!!

Excuse how filthy the car is, I was at Birchdown Auto Services the other day. The country roads leading to there are a dream in the Clio. So it got a little dirty, will clean her at the weekend.

Anyway here's a few pics of my old Vixer and a few of the R27.......

backside.jpg

frontside.jpg

engine.jpg

Frontend-1.jpg

FrontAngle.jpg

Rear.jpg

Badge.jpg

Interior2.jpg

Interior-1.jpg

Andy

Andy you seen the light mate fantastic motor you now have
Love LY:cloud9::cloud9:

Nice cars, i bet you feel the power difference from the Astra though :worried: Were you on vxronline?

I can feel the power difference, but the petrol gauge doesn't go as down quick in the Clio though lol. Yeah was on VXRO, sold the Astra to a fellow member on there so it went to a good home.

fantastic car mate. Astra looks good as well. UIt must have been a step (or two steps lol) down power wise but I'm sure that handling compensates big time!

Lovely colour :thumbup: but not the best for keeping clean in this weather i'd assume :rofl:

Welcome to the site!

Astra looks tidy but the LY paint is the best! You chose well!

Lovely car andy

I will be around yours soon to have a gander. looks a lovely example mate well done. I have a machine polisher and snow foam gun if u fancy giving it a spring clean in a couple of weeks :wink:

see you soon

Lovely car andy

I will be around yours soon to have a gander. looks a lovely example mate well done. I have a machine polisher and snow foam gun if u fancy giving it a spring clean in a couple of weeks :wink:

see you soon

We should have a mini meet, am only just passed st.helens me self, Clio sports FTW, nice car to btw... :smile:

Lovely car andy

see you soon

Cheers Dave! Yeah head round mine whenever you like mate. Gave the Clio a good clean the other day, thought the paintwork was alright until I went over it with a clay bar. Couldn't believe how bad it was!! Its like glass now though :smile:

No doubt it will be filthy again in a couple of weeks so a spring clean sounds like a good idea mate!!

We should have a mini meet, am only just passed st.helens me self, Clio sports FTW, nice car to btw... :smile:

Yeah a mini meet sounds good to me mate :thumbup: