My Full Fat Mistress - 293bhp F4RT - The end of an era...

very strange on how thats happened. specially as the cover is on the outside and then for it to brake and come back on its self. Either way your a very lucky boy. That could of been expensive.

either way, get it sorted asap and come join us at cadwell

Good good :smile:

its good to have things to do to a car anyway, wouldn't be fun if there was nothing to do to it.

Did you buy the pro race wheels? And will you be doing cadwel in it?

did get me thinking on how u knew lol. still waiting for the guy to come back to me about the weeks, cadwell i'm doing my hardest to do.
the standerd 172 wheels are abit tight on the old hub!

Good to know that everything is being sorted mate. Was it bad luck or bad workmanship?

I like this wide bodied one...

$_2.jpg

I'v seen this wide bodied in the metal, it is wide, don't know about the handling though.

Speaking of Lotuses, the NA exige2 is crap, really crap though. Dead low down and don't feel quick when on the boil either. S all the way but I have to say that even though they are faster than the clios on track, they can't pull away on a B-road, especially a wet one. Actually they are slower on a wet B-road, understeering their way through. *Tested with several lotuses, drivers, conditions etc:wink:*

In love with Exiges myself as well, I only wish I could justify spending £25k on a car!

Hi Matey

Any update on these for the 197? I like the idea of the Inverted Coilover for the track but these are looking good.

Fitted the front BC Racing Coilovers today. Had a few little niggles which were sorted pretty quickly so gonna run them fora while and report back. Hopefully we'll see these released soon but in the meantime heres the specs and a couple of snaps...

BR Series Street and Circuit Coilover

Pillowball upper mount
Camber adjustable top mounts
Aluminium top plates
30 way adjustable damping
Adjustable spring platform
Height adjustment via bottom mount to retain full damper travel
Bearing mounted upper front spring platform
Dust boot to protect damper seals

The BR series coilovers use a large 46mm diameter piston in a 53mm diameter damper body to maximise oil capacity.

As the damper unit opearates the oil contained within heats up. The viscosity of oil changes as its temperature varies which can lead to changes in the damping characteristic of the unit.

BC Racing only use a very high quality oil with their coilovers but go that extra mile to maximise performance and build their BR range with a large 53mm diameter damper body. This increases the capacity of the unit which increases the volume of oil contained which in turn reduces the peak temperature and so significantly improves damper performance.

br-top-closeup.jpg coilovers-br-series-thumb.jpg

20140107_102702_zpsfr2icxg4.jpg

20140107_103816_zpsc9fnq5ok.jpg

20140107_103824_zpsscaxpqj9.jpg

20140107_114918_zpsh53ythik.jpg

First impressions are really good, not really had chance to test them properly but im on 15 clicks which is halfway between hard and soft and they feel really good. At this level the ca is so comfortable compared to the Apex springs it was on before and even more planted through the corners. The car just stays flat wherever you point it.

I'll report more soon :thumbsup:

Just a little update.. been getting royally f@cked off with the white alloys.. or rather the state the RC6 pads made them and the rest of my paint.

So after a kerbing incident I decided it was time to get a refurb and change of colour..

20140418_101952_zpsge3hwbi7.gif

Not got the fronts on yet as I'm doing something with the bells on the disks so more pictures to come... :wink:

They look spot on mate!

So did you have issues with the brake dust then? Does it ruin the colour?

Absolute mare mate. The pads made a mess of the alloys, so much so a bead blast and fresh powdercoat was the only solution. The RC6 pads are epic in their stopping power, I have never experienced brakes like it to be honest but the negatives are just not worth it on a road car.

The pads eat disks like you wouldn't believe so the fallout from the disks and the brake dust covers the sides of the car. As you know [MENTION=522]Robo_#1[/MENTION] detailed the car in January but I had to clay bar the car last weekend as it was a complete mess.

On a track only car the CL RC6 pads would be my choice but for a daily they are horrendous. Once the bells are finished i'll be sticking some new rotors on and some new pads :smile:

Bloody hell mate are they that bad? I mean I wouldn't choose RC6 for everyday that's for sure but I'm thinking to use them for my Alpine trip, 10 days in September. I really don't fancy ruining £550 worth of them PF rotors!!!