My Full Fat Mistress - 293bhp F4RT - The end of an era...

Tonights little project involved a can of spray glue from Hobbycraft and some rather tasty feeling Alcantara.

Got a few more bits to do but really happy with the results so far. Photos don't really do the material justice.

First up was the clock surround.. I toyed with the idea of doing the top part in carbon but time is tight so I covered it all.

20131201_204641_zps53ac1445.jpg

I then tackled the little corner pieces that sit inside the door near the mirrors.

20131201_204633_zpsd08e0142.jpg

20131201_204625_zps332a5113.jpg

Looks good Angel. I did pretty much the same with mine (even used the pink Hobbycraft spray glue!). You need to do the A pillars next :smile:

Cheers guys, it was actually a lot easier than I thought.

Looks good Angel. I did pretty much the same with mine (even used the pink Hobbycraft spray glue!). You need to do the A pillars next :smile:

Lol, same can Mike.. The pillars are on the list along with a few other bits :wink:

wheres the material from?

Got it off eBay James, just search for "Alcantara" I paid around £7 each for 2 pieces that were both 1.5m x 0.5m

Thought it about time I showcased the annual winter anti-detail.

The easiest place to start is the rear, the diffuser creates some kind of vortex that literally sucks the the dirt all over the back so it's pretty much self dirtying.

20131127_140817_zps3614d63a.jpg

Particular attention is also paid to the exhaust trims, the effect totally transforms the carbon to a point where it's not recogniseable.

20131127_140823_zps0674f734.jpg

Next up is the 3 quarter panel on each side and the wheels, this used to take a good portion of the winter to complete to an acceptable standard.
However, the higher offset and colour change has ensured a generous coverage and the white finish allows for the dirt and brake dust to be more noticeable.

20131127_140802_zps17d1c7fe.jpg

The hardest part and the bit that most people neglect of the anti-detail is the front. The best solution is to pick a day roughly 18hrs after after heavy rain, I find motorways are ideal in order to get the correct amount of spray coverage. On this particular day I was fortunate enough to stumble across a Latvian HGV of poor mechanical quality with missing mudflaps, obviously an opportunity too good to miss I snuck in behind for a miles. I think the results speak for themselves.

20131127_140752_zps01d5a4ff.jpg

You've done a great job there mate, I particularly like your attention to detail on the various shades of grime all over. Really gives a 'jonsey' feel to it. Keep it up chief! Lol

You've done a great job there mate, I particularly like your attention to detail on the various shades of grime all over. Really gives a 'jonsey' feel to it. Keep it up chief! Lol

I'm actually flattered that you think I have achieved such a great level.

We love you Jonsey

Could anyone point me in the right direction for identifying a megane 225 turbo engine? Engine code on the block F4RT? Anything else to identify?

i see a Laguna 2.0T lump is similar, so it's just to know the differences

Could anyone point me in the right direction for identifying a megane 225 turbo engine? Engine code on the block F4RT? Anything else to identify?

i see a Laguna 2.0T lump is similar, so it's just to know the differences

I believe the 2 engines your looking for are the F4RT 774 (225) & F4RT 874 (230/R26)