My first RS197

Discussion in 'Projects/Progress Threads' started by adam thomas, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Pav

Pav Moderator

Manchester
    albi blue 197 with boost
    thanks...:thumb:

2. Hi mate, car looks nice! Have you found the mist washer jets make. A big difference?

3. adam thomas

adam thomas Gold Member

Birmingham
    Clio 197
    Yeah they seem to work well ! I've had them on my last 3 cars now so it was a must do for me . So much better than the jets

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pav likes this.
  4. Awesome thanks, are they just a straight swap then? Which ones did you go for?

5. adam thomas

adam thomas Gold Member

Birmingham
    Clio 197

231484071629. <--- eBay item number

they require a little bit of filing , but once they are done they fit snugly.

6. Cool thanks for that, I'll have a look!

7. Pav

Pav Moderator

Manchester
    albi blue 197 with boost
    they are great..i myself dont have them but my dad has on his i30..much better than the ones we have as standard..

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    adam thomas likes this.
  8. adam thomas

adam thomas Gold Member

Birmingham
    Clio 197
    So a semi successful day today !

Started off by changing the rear brake discs and pads . Passenger side went pretty smoothly .
    Moved on to the drivers side and found the piston in the caliper had come that far out it wouldn't wind back! Managed eventually and all is fine now !

Moved on to the front and that's when the fun started!

Drivers side pins were seized in. After many hits and a tickle of heat I broke out the grinder ! Finally got them off !

Then realised I didn't have a 12mm Allen key

Quick trip to the local halfrauds and I'm sorted.

Then struggled to get the screws off that hold the disc in place. Managed In the end with some wd40 and some heat

Changed the discs , put the calipers back on and that's when it struck me .... Euro car parts have gave me the wrong pads !!!

Old pads in for the moment and I'll go to euros on Monday morning to get my new ones !

While I was out with the tools I changed my spark plugs and fitted a shorter aerial looks much better Imo and new plugs can't hurt it !

Attached Files:

9. tombate911

tombate911 Paid Member

2010 Clio RS200
    Looking good, good bit of maintenance keeping on top of those fronts brakes. Funnily I've seen your facebook posts about this happening today on there.
    Whats planned next?

10. adam thomas

adam thomas Gold Member

Birmingham
    Clio 197

haha yeah it was a pain but needed doing , it will be going for belts in a week or two then ill probably get my wheels refurbished ( when I can decide on anthracite or black ) along with new tyres ,, then it will be spacers and lowering springs .

11. adam thomas

adam thomas Gold Member

Birmingham
    Clio 197
    picture of the rear pads ! someone got their moneys worth !

IMG_20180106_120948_974-1.jpg

not sure they were effective and god knows how it wasn't making a noise !

Attached Files:

12. adam thomas

adam thomas Gold Member

Birmingham
    Clio 197
    Little bit of an update with the car . I am getting a random powerloss but not all the time ! . Pretty sure it is a faulty cam sensor so I have ordered one of them!

Car is also booked in at four ashes on Wednesday for belts , dephaser pulley and thermostat

Have just ordered some grams lowering springs and some h&r 25mm spacers

Today I went out and took off my ktr induction kit . Was getting a bit annoyed with how noisy it is . Now the car seems to quiet for me 1acd0543e67cdd0e41806e64a8ea6a52.jpg

Big Ben likes this.
  13. Big Ben

Big Ben Paid Member

Herts
    Induction kit is awesome when you’re on it but couldn’t live with it if it was my daily!

14. adam thomas

adam thomas Gold Member

Birmingham
    Clio 197
    Yeah that's exactly how I feel about it . Love the sound but at 5am leaving for work its too much

Big Ben likes this.
  15. Pav

Pav Moderator

Manchester
    albi blue 197 with boost
    hope all goes well for your car..a big surgery is coming her way...fingers crossed

16. adam thomas

adam thomas Gold Member

Birmingham
    Clio 197
    Cheers Pav

17. adam thomas

adam thomas Gold Member

Birmingham
    Clio 197
    Been having a think about wheel colour , really can't decide on weather to go for black or anthracite . What are peoples thoughts ? 0b03724b8e0df57962522d1c79ad3632.jpg

18. Pav

Pav Moderator

Manchester
    albi blue 197 with boost
    i personally think that black wheels are a bit lost in the arches..
    on the other hand if you go full black,the car will look epic :thumb:

19. adam thomas

adam thomas Gold Member

Birmingham
    Clio 197
    that is what I'm thinking with little touches of yellow

20. Pav

Pav Moderator

Manchester
    albi blue 197 with boost