My first car.

Here is my mk3 clio not the the best picture and weather when taking it but would just like to hear what you guys would do to it to improve it ?

Attachments

• mycar001.jpg
    mycar001.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 63
All I would do is lower it as much as you can.
It's amazing how much lowering a car changes the looks of it, even makes the wheels look bigger.

I was thinking of lowering it, but my older brother had a saxo vtr for his first car and he had it lowered but he regreted it due to speed bumps ect.

How about save the money towards your next car.?
The more you save the better car you could get.

i know but if ive got to have this car for say the next 3 years then i want to like it and have it the way i want until i have to move on. If you know where im coming from i have asked my brother about his old one and he said he got it done at a backstreet garage and thats why he kept on having problems so he says lol!

All depends how low you go.
Could go 1 or 2" lower with no trouble at all.

I would agree with Jase - lower it, it looks great, simple springs will do a good job and you wont break the bank either. Just a word of warning Jases version of lowering means kissing the asphalt! Looks stunning but if your mum is going to continue to use it then I dont think she would appreciate it lol!

My first thoughts of what to do to it where three rear windows black tint, rear sprint spoiler on the K-tec site, lower it, better rims and now i want a new splitter. I would keep it sensible and not make it anywhere like a chavs.

if you start doing too much wont your insurance be much higher though with you having no "no claims bonus" and you just passing.

and what is wrong with road kissing low paul.?

would just lower it for now.
mebe just get the wheels redone in black to match the rub strips and get a blue'N'black theme going. could put a blue lip on them like my winter wheels.
keeping the smaller wheels and more rubber your mom wont think the ride is too hard.

Yes yous are right getting a head of myself here, i havnt even passed yet lol. I just look at some of you guys and see the cars and think i want this and want to do that lol.

I would say the lower the better for looks and some nice "tasteful" not "chav" wheels then save ure money for ure 197 lol

would declare everything to the insurance. as last thing you need is to be still paying for a car that is stolen.
happened to a friend... 1.4 golf nicked off his drive, for some reason the insurance wouldnt pay out, so he ended up paying 2 more years for a car he didnt ever get back.

Ok i will do. Makes sence if you think about it you have lied to the company about your car and modification so i see the point your making bud thanks.

P.S sorry for all the questions im new to this game :smile:

dont need to apologise.
better to ask the questions rather than learn the hard way.

Lol Jase! Nothing wrong with really low at all, I love that look - I will hopefully be following you down that road soon. Only thing is it bring a tear to my eye every time I hear it scr.ape! :lol:

Last edited:
Lower it about 100mm :smile:
get some nice wheels, maybe speedlines or rotas, or maybe the ones on the ktech website they are really nice
get all the badges colour coded or smoothed off.

Low and slow ftw