My Favorite Car of all Time

Funny I don't actually have a particular favourite car of all time.... Lots of cars I love and adore but not a single that sticks out at being my favourite...

I guess the mclaren f1 would be well up there, it was streaks ahead of its time!

mclaren-f1-01.jpg

Reactions: Johnny 99
I tagged along with a friend on a Ferrari owners club trackday at Snetterton many years ago with my buddy who still has a couple of Ferrari's inc a 308GTB which he took that day.

Coming along the start / finish straight towards Riches corner; he left it as late as he possibly could to brake one lap - to try to hold the cars behind us back.

He left it....left it....left it....jammed on the anchors and we squirrelled about left and right; scrubbing off speed and looking like we might just make the turn in......

During all of this an F40 came past us; still flat on the boards and going up the gearbox ! I later got a go in that same F40. Oh the memories :smile:

Last edited:
I tagged along with a friend on a Ferrari owners club trackday at Snetterton many years ago with my buddy who still has a couple of Ferrari's inc a 308GTB which he took that day.

Coming along the start / finish straight towards Riches corner; he left it as late as he possibly could to brake one lap - to try to hold the cars behind us back.

He left it....left it....left it....jammed on the anchors and we squirrelled about left and right; scrubbing off speed and looking like we might just make the turn in......

During all of this an F40 came past us; still flat on the boards and going up the gearbox ! I later got a go in that same F40. Oh the memories :smile:

Lucky bugger! Very jealous!

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
Any 1920's Bentley, though I'll take mine in British racing green. Just something about these cars that I believe Enzo Ferrari called the world's fastest lorries. I love Brian Johnson's. I actually worked army a place where one of our customers bad a 1920's Lagonda as his daily drive. No roof, only flyscreens & he had to spin the wheels & get the back end hanging out to get around a sharp junctin exit opposite my workplace. He'd wear plus fours, a flat cap & a tweed jacket with leather elbow patches when he drove it. Goodwood revival every day. He was only in his '30s too. Just looked so cool. And the noise!!!!! Awesome! Not sure I could have the Bentley for a daily, but to use at weekends & take to Spa etc. yes please!

Photo courtesy of Serge Bertasius at freedigitalphotos.net.

Any 1920's Bentley, though I'll take mine in British racing green. Just something about these cars that I believe Enzo Ferrari called the world's fastest lorries. I love Brian Johnson's. I actually worked army a place where one of our customers bad a 1920's Lagonda as his daily drive. No roof, only flyscreens & he had to spin the wheels & get the back end hanging out to get around a sharp junctin exit opposite my workplace. He'd wear plus fours, a flat cap & a tweed jacket with leather elbow patches when he drove it. Goodwood revival every day. He was only in his '30s too. Just looked so cool. And the noise!!!!! Awesome! Not sure I could have the Bentley for a daily, but to use at weekends & take to Spa etc. yes please!

WOW ! Nice story and a unique answer.

Thats what makes the World go around hey......

John I was a Chauffeur and when Broughton's opened in Weybridge they had a original Le Mans Bentley stunning bud

Cheap and easy to find parts, low insurance, good on fuel, brilliant comfort and visibility, a cinch to park, manoeuvrable round town.....whats not to like ?

Yes, trouble is I'm only 25, perhaps ill have to get one of them boxes installed to measure my driving performance in it, just for a year, shouldn't be too hard not to break any speed limits and brake gently in that.. Think I've chosen my choice next car.