Most popular hatches

Following on from the 200T Trophy topic which drifted onto number sold, I decided to have a look at which hot hatches were most popular.

If you think you see a lot of Fiesta ST's about then you are right

Untitled_1.jpg

Certainly looks like Renault have lost the market with the 200T

Ouch!! All they had to do was include a manual option for the trophy! Think they cut their losses though with the manual development after seeing how poorly the original sold.

I don't think they care how it sold in the UK when the other markets lapped it up! Selling very well in aus for example.

The fiesta ST's are like the limited edition Corsa around here. At first they looked nice but now you drive past them without a second glace. The same can't be said about the RS Clios though.

The rs clios are so rare. I've lost count of the amount times strangers compliment it out of nowhere to me. I've had people follow me to question me about it. Was at a breakers today and some 60 yr old fella was pouring over it. Never had this with any other car. it's constantly catching glances all over the place. I think it's a lot to do with the colour and I'd say liquid yellow would be the same but I think it should be good feeling knowing you have a rare car. I just wish it was built better :chair:

Ford have been running some really cheap lease deals on the Fiesta which won't have hurt sales (it's also bloody good to drive!)

Much better imo to have a rare car. The ST is a nice car and has won over the critics, but they're ten a penny. The lease deals must be a big reason for the sales figures. Same with the new Golf R - I see loads of these, so assume they must be attractive on a lease deal as they are a lot of money to buy brand new.

I love mine, and is actually quite well built, certainly a step forward from my old 200. I do notice people following me on the motorway or pulling up alongside to take a look at what it is. De-badged on the rear but the Diamonds are rather large (front)!

Similar Thread Suggestions