Montanas Deep Black 197

Plenty of rubbing down and 4 cans of halfords dark grey bumper spray, around 12 light coats of the stuff. Came out ok plus the colour match wasn't too far off.

Dropped the 197 off earlier for shocks / top mounts and MOT...Will update tomorrow when I have the verdict. Confident it will fly through MOT.

Hmm, 197 failed the MOT due to drivers side rear caliper only giving 14% effort (see my other thread)

I had the wheel off , removed the adjustment on the handbrake cable and checked operation of the adjuster and the condition of the cable. These were both fine.

Depressed the brake hard many times and saw a slight weep of brake fluid from the caliper, the adjuster had also siezed solid , which told.me it needing bleeding.

After a quick bleed and the cable reconnected the handbrake immediately felt better , I adjusted the cable slightly so that the handbrake was fully operational with 3 clicks.

The good news is had it back on the brake rollers this evening and it passed with flying colours , so another 12 months ticket for the Clio.

Also had the garage replace my shocks and top mounts , the passenger side shock was completely kaput , so it was a good choice to replace. This also cured the knocking on the passenger side

Plan to give it a machine polish on Saturday, fit new plates and give it a good run out on Sunday.

well done again..glad you managed to sort it out yourself..just a little thing..nothing better then getting that piece of paper with no advisory :thumbup:
how much were the shocks + top mounts pls?

well done again..glad you managed to sort it out yourself..just a little thing..nothing better then getting that piece of paper with no advisory [emoji106]
how much were the shocks + top mounts pls?
[MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION] Check out post #39 for links / prices. :smile:

thanks..so you are happy with it again..?enjoy this weekend if you are going to do a run to Buttertubs..

thanks..so you are happy with it again..?enjoy this weekend if you are going to do a run to Buttertubs..
Yeah happy , yeah planning to do it tomorrow. How is CSS?

Spent some time cleaning the 197 today, fitted my new mats (continuing the yellow touch) and gave the interior a good clean.
uploadfromtaptalk1438462104941.jpg

Spent some time sprucing up the engine bay too , cleaned with degreaser / APC and dressed with aerospace 303, looking much better.
uploadfromtaptalk1438462147077.jpg
Being black it shows up the swirls , so began correcting the front end (bonnet, wings and front bumper) using my DA, very much a work in progress this one as I need some smaller pads and a cutting pad to use with the megs #205. Planning to revisit and focus on small sections at a time. Also noticed that it looks like the Clio has been sporting stripes in the past [emoji37] [emoji38]

Will take you ages to correct swirls with #205, use something with a bit more cut and then finish with that.

CSS was great ..just got home.had a nice shower..lots and lots of really nice cars and people...did you do the run??

CSS was great ..just got home.had a nice shower..lots and lots of really nice cars and people...did you do the run??
Cool, yes I have just got back now , some really nice roads up there, the Clio handled like a dream too , it was made for those roads !

Will get my pictures up later on.

Cool, yes I have just got back now , some really nice roads up there, the Clio handled like a dream too , it was made for those roads !

Will get my pictures up later on.

Looking forward to the pics :smile: 6 days to go for me! ..... not that I'm counting :w00t: