moment of madness?

james_h

Platinum Member
Gone and put a deposit on a Cup packed 10 plate 200 with only 5k miles.

I still can't believe I've done it. I've only had the Ultra 197 for 4 months...

LOL, I can believe it. I would!!!!!!

Well done :smile:

Strong move. Well played!

Completely out of character for me. Think I've had one of those 'you only live once moments'... I'm normally Mr Sensible.

I think I just chucked a lot of money at the 197 and thought am I now going to be 100% happy with it, when the answer was no and I stumbled across this other car I thought do I go for it?

Absolutely crazy really as I've spent ages doing bits on the 197 only to sell it.:thumbdown:

Maybe since I've sold the 172 cup and 106 Rallyes I've wanted something more hardcore.

You won't regret it - I love my 200 and there actually a lot nicer to drive than the 197 from my experience :smile:

Very good indeed! I keep looking at 200s if I got a wage rise I think id take the plunge!

So what's the spec??

Very good indeed! I keep looking at 200s if I got a wage rise I think id take the plunge!

So what's the spec??

Cheers mate - I hope I've done the right thing - not even sure how I will pay for it yet!

Can't remember the complete spec but the main points were Cup Chassis (so red brakes, anthracites, quicker rack, lower/stiffer susp etc) which was £450 quid extra, Albi Blue met which was another £450 (so thats 19k nearly already). All the usual like auto climate control etc etc. I'd much rather have a full blown 200 with the cup chassis pack than the Cup outright as the spec is verging on poverty.

No recaro's but from what I've heard they wear pretty quick and cost a fortune to replace/repair. (just the seat foam is £400 I think)

Selling point was bargain price (Checked on CAP and I've nearly had it for trade price) and only 5k miles!! Like a new car.

200's a great car. Def improvement on the 197. My only issue is (old debate), is it that much better to justify the extra outlay. I do think if you've never owned a 197 it is, but if you've gone from a 197 to 200 and see the extra £250+ going out your back account, I wonder if its better enough. Especially if you've got a pcp, that keeps your payments low against the offset of a final payment of 5-6k?
You've got some great cars there and you've obviously got a eye for detail. Your the kind of person I would love to buy a car from cause I know it would be 100% right. I would have loved to see what you would have done with the 197. Good luck with your purchase

Last edited:
Gonna look awesome! love albi blue in the flesh, don't think pictures ever do it justice!!

well played, youll love it. The albi looks great on the 200

cheers guys

200's a great car. Def improvement on the 197. My only issue is (old debate), is it that much better to justify the extra outlay. I do think if you've never owned a 197 it is, but if you've gone from a 197 to 200 and see the extra £250+ going out your back account, I wonder if its better enough. Especially if you've got a pcp, that keeps your payments low against the offset of a final payment of 5-6k?
You've got some great cars there and you've obviously got a eye for detail. Your the kind of person I would love to buy a car from cause I know it would be 100% right. I would have loved to see what you would have done with the 197. Good luck with your purchase

Hi mate - cheers for the advice, and thanks for the compliment. I have sold some great cars that I've restored/worked on - one of the 106 Rallyes went for 4 grand a couple of years back when CAP retail was around 2k. I do make sure that everything is kept tip top doing all my own work.

It isn't a new car btw, it's 1 year old and I will probably pay the diff in cash between my 197 and the 200. I think it's worth the plunge as its a 3 year newer car so the difference is just for that really.

Fool 200 instead of a 197 I'm gobsmacked how you can do it
Ah well youll learn one day

Na not really hope you enjoy it mate even if it has got a funny nose
:rofl:

Similar Thread Suggestions