Mod for Exhaust??? I'm lost

Yikes, 105db+ is getting it thrown off pretty much everywhere... I bet it sounds the fricking nuts though!!!

Saying that, you've got a full system, with a less restrictive backbox too?

Yeah thats certainly the case mike, cant remember the exact dimensions of the back box tbh, when we whip the diffuser off ill have a quick measure up just to give you some rough idea.

Its going to be blasting through the 115db with decat fitted I would imagine. Once i have all bodywork finished, ill be sure to attend a meet, and allow people to be deafened.

Going to be interesting actually, as previous to cat back system, the decat sounded really raspy, so should be interesting to see what its like with the full system and decat fitted also, see how long I can put up with it, before it annoys me or I get pulled lol. the best thing i noticed though with no mid box and decat, didnt really provide any LOUDness until about 4500-5000rpm, at which point it was popping and banging all over the place :smiley:

Hmm, there's a good chance with the OE backbox it'll be a bit quieter then... need to wait on Andy doing his and hopefully he'll do the same db test.

Yeah I would imagine so, if your planning on keeping the catalyst's and just removing the mid box I cant imagine it to be near 95db tbh

Hmm, there's a good chance with the OE backbox it'll be a bit quieter then... need to wait on Andy doing his and hopefully he'll do the same db test.

i feel all important now, im not working at the mo so money its the issue with getting it done quick and i also may be doing a track day soon so im screwed if it ends up being too loud

i havnt got an smart phone will there be an android app thats the same as ill knick my girlfriends phone

i would imagine so andy, something along the same lines anyway. as for the trackday.... screw em ahhaha hand them some ear muffs :smiley:

LOL, no pressure Andy - if and and when you do it. Fairly sure there'll be an android app or a mate with an iphone who can help.

I'll get mine as bog-stock so we can see how it all compares.

lowalbi, would you mind doing the static db test we've mentioned above??

iphone app db meter (free).
rev at 5000rpm
1 metre away from 'zorst.

Also, any boom/drone on the motorway??

Last edited:
Did it not make it sound a bit tinny or hollow?

I done it to my 182s milltek and it sounded awesome but I don't know if it would have the same affect to the standard exhaust.

I'll have a go at this!
Where can I get the replacement pipe from?

Is it just a case of unbolting/detaching the center silencer and slipping in the new pipe, or is the system one peice meaning getting the angle grinder out?

not got it yet i thought i had a bit but it wasnt right, id get some thin wall pipe that they use in food factorys its called dairy pipe you can get polished stuff, i paid £60 for about 6m of 2.5" im also not sure on the diameter of the exhaust
as ive not been under the car yet

im sure someone on here knows what it is