Mod for Exhaust??? I'm lost

Morty197

Clean all the things
Platinum Member
Hi guys,

I want to make my Albi sound a bit beefier but I dont want anything to much. Can you upgrade parts of the system to get a better sound (or any gain in performance, but not important)

I know nothing about this so any help you can give would be great!:thumbup1:

Thanks!

goto a local powerflow dealer.... look at a full system for about £300, also choice of tailpipes

you thought about taking the mid box out. ive been looking in to it think powerflow wanted about £50 to take it out, orh how about measuring the od of the exhaust and fit a bit of stainless pipe yourself for about £30

oh and if you go for a whole system from powerflow you can tell them what you want with noise and loudness

I think the mid box removal i read about and sounded logical.
Anyone done it before? Good sound? Easy to do?

Cheers for the advice Andy!:thumbup1:

Yeah on follow up regarding powerflow system... its totally upto you regarding how loud/quiet you want the system to be, thats the love of them tbh, you can have it specifically made exactly how you want....... ill try and get a video uploaded of mine sometime tomorrow just to give you a rough idea. I have cat back system... no mid box, just mid size tail box with DTM's.... as loved by woody( will get a pic up soon mate!!)

removing the centre resonator will do nothing but make your car sound "tinny" and rubbish.

as for powerflow, as you being serious?

powerflow exhausts are rubbish, i cant honestly believe you would recommened such a poor company to a fellow forum member.

if you want noise mate or a subtle purr from your exhaust then splash out on a decent cat back exhaust. the best idea by far.

removing the centre resonator will do nothing but make your car sound "tinny" and rubbish.

powerflow exhausts are rubbish, i cant honestly believe you would recommened such a poor company to a fellow forum member.

if you want noise mate or a subtle purr from your exhaust then splash out on a decent cat back exhaust. the best idea by far.

I have to disagree with your comment on the centre silencer Gouldy. I heard Dottys when we did the triangle back in October and I thought he was running a different system. I actually thought it was a Grp N, when he told me it was standard with the centre silencer removed I was pretty gobsmacked. Definitely not tinny IMO.

Personally I'd go for a KTEC system, expensive yes but well worth the money. If you're simply after better acoustics for less dollar, then ditch the centre silencer as others have suggested.

I have to disagree with your comment on the centre silencer Gouldy. I heard Dottys when we did the triangle back in October and I thought he was running a different system. I actually thought it was a Grp N, when he told me it was standard with the centre silencer removed I was pretty gobsmacked. Definitely not tinny IMO.

Personally I'd go for a KTEC system, expensive yes but well worth the money. If you're simply after better acoustics for less dollar, then ditch the centre silencer as others have suggested.

i dont think you have heard a group N system.

they wake the dead, i know i have one

totally agree there i know someone who did it and it sounded really good - a easy and worthwhile mod i would say if your wanting so save some money :thumbsup:

lol my mate owns pro speed in cardiff we removed the mid box as a test just to see the noise difference....it sounded so dam good i havent replaced it with the box best £30 i have ever spent ................

sorry gouldy but I beg to differ, all dependant on who is carrying out the work imo.

I have always had powerflow fitted to all of my cars and have not had any problems. however everyone is entitled to their own opinion but on this one bud i have to disagree

Sorry to hijack the thread a little but has anyone done this to a milltek system? Iv been thinking about it for a while but if it sounds crap I dont want to live with the consequences haha :smile: