Mobile Contracts

Basically my current contract doesnt "work" for me any more. The phone died a long time ago. Ive got way too many texts and minutes and nowhere near enough data. So little that i pay an extra £10/15 a month ontop just for data.

I want out, but ive got 6 months left until my contract is up.

Did a little Googling to find this statement on a money saving forum.

Just a heads up to those who still have time left to run on an Orange contract. I got a text yesterday telling me that call charges are going up from September.

This is ground for an early termination by the customer as per the contract (section 4.3), allowing us to leave early and keep the phone.

I called today and cancelled 4 months into a 2 year contract - my PAK code is in the post and I've saved myself about £500. The phone is going on eBay.

Nothing stopping you porting your number to another network, then signing a new contract with Orange and taking it back. Ahem.

Hope it saves someone else some money too.

Now ive just been through my bills and its gone up, by a pound, over the last month.

Do i have grounds to end early without paying the termination fees?

You can only give them a call asking for cancellation on the grounds of the price change.

See what they say.

Let us know how you get on.
I'm supposed to be buying myself out of an Orange contract on Friday to get the new Galaxy S4

If it works you've just saved me £200!!

Good luck.

Iirc you should be able to change your call plan regardless. The clause usually kicks in after 6 months.

Simply switch it to whatever suits your needs.

Prices went up a month ago, you will have had a communication about it. Everyone I know that uses orange had the letter. Unfortunately they have gotten wise to this, and have given enough notice of the price rise that you can't get out of the contract because of it.

I think somewhere in the contract it states prices can rise as long as they give 30 days notice or something like that.

However, you chould be able to change your tarrif to one that suits you better.

Last edited:
Ye, I'm not sure you will be able to get out of it now.

I have just upgraded with phones 4 u on and I'm on Orange. I had 3 months left on my contract term. Phones 4 u have paid off my last 3 months, given me a new Sony Xperia Z and changed my contract to a better one for not much more money and I'm still on an 18 month term.

So it might be worth entering your details on their website and waiting to see if they call you. Will save you money in the long run.

O2 have just brought out O2 refresh this week which is brilliant as my upgrade is tomorrow :smile:

http://www.o2.co.uk/refresh

Effectively you have 2 separate contracts for phone and airtime and you can buy out your phone contract early and get a new model :smiley: it's win win for the same price. Genius idea.

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions