Misfire???? HELP

me either mate but to me it sounds like a misfire it really does be interesting to get some more feedback from people to see what they think too

still hard to tell exactly of that sounds ok or not

on the mis-fire issue the 197 runs with 2 lambda sensors - the second one monitors the efficiency of the cat and first sensor - if there is a mis-fire ie that is unburt fuel the engine ecu will pick it up via the lambda sensors and will put the emissions warning light on and log an obd2 fault code

foxspeed thats y renault said there was nothing wrong with it they said there was no fault code from the ECU. it only seems to be coming out mostly from the left side of the exhaust

foxspeed thats y renault said there was nothing wrong with it they said there was no fault code from the ECU. it only seems to be coming out mostly from the left side of the exhaust

take it for a proper good spanking..............and then listen to the exhausts - they should have within reason a regular beat

so if i give it the beans and it still sounds like that then do i have a problem

if it has a proper mis-fire the engine will also run/tick over really lumpy and as you rev it up it will stutter slightly and not be smooth and the ecu light "should" flash on

maybe worth running some injector cleaner through the system as well

see it can stutter a wee bit sometimes but again there is no lights on the only lights i ever had one was an injector failure message and then straight after a ESP failure that was at the same time as the noise started but renault claimed it was a sensor that was broken and changed the sensor

see it can stutter a wee bit sometimes but again there is no lights on the only lights i ever had one was an injector failure message and then straight after a ESP failure that was at the same time as the noise started but renault claimed it was a sensor that was broken and changed the sensor

it could be an injector issue but not easy to say over the internet - the whole point of the sensors etc on the exhaust are to make sure the engine meets emission standards over a period of time and if it fails then a warning light is lit up

see what it sounds like with one of the tail pipes blocked - see if the sounds disappears

mis-fires are caused by = electrical fault / fuel fault / mechanical fault but a multitude of things to check

How does it drive? If it pulls to the redline without hesitation its not misfiring, cars usually misfire under load.

If you look at the engine block on idle does it jolt or is it running smoothly?

Mine makes that noise sometimes, but only when its cold. I just presumed it was part of the whole "kangarooing" issue.

Just incase though, if I blip the throttle while changing down (rev match (about 2-2.5krevs) if the engines cold, I get like a "pop" noise, and it sounds as if its in the cat.

Is THAT noise normal?

*sorry to thread hijack, just ive never really thought anything of it.

Thread revival.

Seems to be doing this on my 197 too. After about a 30 min run.

Did we ever find out if this is normal or?

Mines the same when she's warm and bright side mine also does that little pop when cold But I have no loss in power so I can't see it being a problem