Mini Cooper S GP

roystinho

"whos roy?"
Anyone had any experience with them?

It's a car I've always liked. 218bhp, LSD, 2 seats sounds good, ove the supercharge whine on them too, but what are they like compared to a 200?

I always fancy a change, as good as the 200 is, and wondering if this might scratch a little itch before the final special edition is here (if)

The only one near me is a heavily modified 238bhp with uprated suspension and brakes, but it's on over 60k at the minute, and think I'd rather have something more standard with less miles

Any thoughts?

Oh, and i'm pretty sure on the outcome (that I'll keep the Clio), but just like a flirt :wink:

i drove a coleagues of mine and it was an absolute hoot!

loved it. felt v v planted and the whiiiine is lovley. popped and banged like mad even with std exhaust

he paid 13k for his n sold it a month later for 14k

Driven a normal Cooper and it was brilliant fun, I imagine with more power it'd be fantastic. :smile:

Driven a modded Cooper S with ~250bhp it was very good fun, I quite like it TBH! Seemed very easy to drive if a little bit softer than the Clio. Obv it was much quicker, but it was the torque I liked most.

As you know I like the GP, what would you do with the fact it only has two seats though...?

I drive one at donington and was very impressed with the speed and handling. The people on the Aston Martin exoerience that I was catching in the corners were less impressed with it's abilities to embarrass them. :smile:

Wouldn't swap the clio for one tho.

Driven a modded Cooper S with ~250bhp it was very good fun, I quite like it TBH! Seemed very easy to drive if a little bit softer than the Clio. Obv it was much quicker, but it was the torque I liked most.

As you know I like the GP, what would you do with the fact it only has two seats though...?

Only need 2 seats really. I'd love a r26.r, but with the harnesses I can't get Jnr in. He can just sit in the front of mini. When we all need to go somewhere we'll just take the family car.

Like I say, just a thought, finding out about them, then I'll get a test drive and take it from there

i p/ex my clio 200 in june for a gp and trust me you wont ever want to sell it!!, ive had some bits done to it catcams,17% reduced pulley, 550 injectors, itg with de flap, poly bushes (handles on rails) and a custom tune. currently on 260 bhp. (same bhp per ton as a scooby p1) very quick, very fast cross country, the mini gp thats near you must be grahams its not 238 bhp its 238 horsepower at the wheels, looking at 275 bhp at the fly. if you your looking for a daily drive thats ready for the track you wont go wrong with that one

the mini gp thats near you must be grahams its not 238 bhp its 238 horsepower at the wheels, looking at 275 bhp at the fly.

Roystinho, buy it. That sounds awsome. :thumbup:

I wouldn't worry too much about mileage if the service history is good and the car's been looked after.

if you can get grahams car for about 11.5k its a steal. even paying the full price is still value for money. remember if you dont like or want the aftermarket parts you can sell them. i wouldnt as that gp is special. you think hitting 7.5k revs in a clio 197/200 is fun, trust me on this when that supercharger whine cranks up ( mines very loud) its intoxicating and it screams at 7500rpm. you can hit 70 in 2nd! mine keeps up with scoobies and upsets 25k focus rs on road. go on its xmas treat yourself:bounce::thumbup::thumbup:

Tbh i really like them i see it as a replacement for the 197 next year. Dont think it'l be 1 to keep but a defo fun year toy!

Have driven them on a few occasions and really liked them. Yes, they're slightly impractical sans rear seats, but they're are fun to drive. That said, a Cooper S with a JCW kit is just as quick I've found.

Similar Thread Suggestions