miltek cat back problem

i have the milltek cat back system and im assuming its stainless??but my problem is,that the tips are no longer chrome,they have rust on them,arnt happy but should i contact milltek directly.

what you think?

You have a lifetime warranty I believe so give them a ring and they should be happy to help.

Is it definitely rust? Give them a call anyway, Milltek have good customer service for replacements etc.

Try some metal polish on them and see how you get on.

Milltek recommend using silvo silver polish with wadding to clean them up. Works a treat, I use it regularly, remove the carbon with a dry cloth first then polish up with the silvo, removes the oxidation that forms on the tailpipes and leaves them nice and shiny.

You should be able to pick the stuff up from ebay for about 4 or 5 quid

All stainless steel rusts, some more than others. The stuff they tell you about stainless being rust proof is rubbish!

All stainless steel rusts, some more than others. The stuff they tell you about stainless being rust proof is rubbish!

no rust on my kitchen draining board or microwave or a delorean i saw :closedeyes:

Bit of light reading on oxidation (rusting) of stainless steel if you are interested:

http://www.bssa.org.uk/topics.php?article=107

As has been suggested give them a good clean then protect the surface. You will need to get them spotless though, otherwise any remaining rust will act as a 'seed' to allow it to reform quite quickly.....

Silvo, Wire brush, sand paper and about 5 cans of Monster and you'll clean it right off. :smiley:

send them an email too mate, and just keep ringing! did you buy the exhaust, or come with car? if you did, did you get it direct from miltek? if you got it through someone else, try them perhaps....

cheers, stu.

send them an email too mate, and just keep ringing! did you buy the exhaust, or come with car? if you did, did you get it direct from miltek? if you got it through someone else, try them perhaps....

cheers, stu.

on car when i had it mate,so not really sure