Milltek De-Cat fitting!

licenuk

Gold Member
Just bought a Milltek De-Cat pipe to add to my already installed Milltek sport exhaust. What I'd like to know from somebody with it already fitted or has experience in fitting it!
Will it slide over my centre section and then just require clamping on or will I need to buy a sleeve for the 2 to join!
Looking at fitting it tomorrow evening and don't want to rock up and take it apart to then realise I need extra bits.
Any pictures will also be a massive help.
Thanks guys

Did you fit this? I fitted a milltek with a decat pipe at the weekend.

The cat back system on mine had a flared end which was designed for clamping over the top of pipe.
However my decat pipe diameter was smaller than the diameter required. Luckily the miltek cat back system was supplied with a reducer that went over the top of the decat pipe and inside the flared end of the car back system.

If you are using the miltek decat pipe I'm sure it will be designed to do straight into the flared end of the cat back without any issues.

I didn't fit it in the end. Got the car on my mates ramps so I could take a closer look and it turns out my manifold is blowing! One of the flexi has gone so I didn't see the point in adding the decat to a broken manifold!
Slightly annoyed like. Looking into it it sounds like a costly job and a job that not many people want to do.
So this should be fun.......

I didn't fit it in the end. Got the car on my mates ramps so I could take a closer look and it turns out my manifold is blowing! One of the flexi has gone so I didn't see the point in adding the decat to a broken manifold!
Slightly annoyed like. Looking into it it sounds like a costly job and a job that not many people want to do.
So this should be fun.......

Yea - not the most pleasant job ever on a Clio......been there - got the T-shirt ! (As have many,many others before us i'm afraid)

Its not a hugely quick job, as it requires the front sub-frame coming off to remove the manifold; and then you have the issue of what you going to do ie: Remove manifold, cut out old flexi's, re-weld in new ones and refit.......or fit a new manifold (Toyo, K-Tex etc).......and the possible flat-spot / remap issue's afterwards.

Depends where your going with the car, how long your keeping it, noise levels you'd prefer and of course your budget.

Good luck.

Reactions: Jimmy
The French money pit!! I'm sure I'll figure it out! Just trying to source a garage willing to do the job.
I fitted the 2 bushes last night though. Lower engine mount and the torque arm bush to try buy me s little more time with the manifold. Fingers crossed.

I did my own manifold. Took me about 2/3 hours on my drive way stopping for rain shows in between, I've got a spare manifomd now which needs repairing but it might help someone out when itMs got new flexis in.

Reactions: licenuk
I did my own manifold. Took me about 2/3 hours on my drive way stopping for rain shows in between, I've got a spare manifomd now which needs repairing but it might help someone out when itMs got new flexis in.
2/3 hours! Jeez..... fancy doing mine haha?!?!

Not that far away then! I've noticed you have a 200. Are the 197 the same as the 200 when it comes to fitting the manifold?

Not that far away then! I've noticed you have a 200. Are the 197 the same as the 200 when it comes to fitting the manifold?
Yeah, just the rear of the exhaust systems are different. Give me a shout if you get stuck or are looking at doing your manifold.

Apologies to jump onto an old thread, but it seemed appropriately titled :sweatsmile: ... In relation to the lambda sensor what's the best course of action? a couple of washers or one of those screw in adapters?

Apologies to jump onto an old thread, but it seemed appropriately titled :sweatsmile: ... In relation to the lambda sensor what's the best course of action? a couple of washers or one of those screw in adapters?

For the emissions light?

I've got a screw in adapter that's about 15mm long