Mid range dead zone! Help

melvin1993

Scotland | Alba Rep
Hopefully some one can shed some light on this situation for me!

I know now thes cars have a flat spot mid range but it's not that. Between 3k and 5k the car is just dead it feels like driving a 1.2 but bellow 3k and above 5k it pulls normally 5k+ is still slower than before but not like the flat spot. Once I hit 3k it sounds like someone has fitted an induction kit the engine sound changes completely (still running standard airbox)

iv just serviced it and changed the plus that's helped slightly but no fix my thoughts were the vvt solenoid had packed up?

Any my help would be great
thank you!

Sounds like it could be the camshaft sensor, if you turn the car off and restart (when warm) does it seem to run fine? Got a simular problem with mine

Haven't tried that yet tbh I'll give it a go tonight and see how I get on. There is a petrol smell as well not over powering but enough to notice more than normal running

Sounds like it could be the camshaft sensor, if you turn the car off and restart (when warm) does it seem to run fine? Got a simular problem with mine

good call

if you have an obd2 reader with live data you might be able to check on the cam sensor output

good call

if you have an obd2 reader with live data you might be able to check on the cam sensor output

I do but it's like an android thing and I have no android device I can see if I can get a hold of one. What reading should I be looking for?

I do but it's like an android thing and I have no android device I can see if I can get a hold of one. What reading should I be looking for?

cam angle sensor reading - be similar to the crank angle sensor ie a pulse signal

Finally got the obd reader to work my advanced timing is the only timing/cam reading I got so when the engine isent running it sits at -24 then after its started it sits around 10 degrees
mom waiting on a intake cam sensor and crank sensor so I'll see what happens once they turn up

Struggling to get any where here
turns out Renault ran out of the right parts or sensors so they are all wrong when any supplier tries to get me anything