Meg 265 to replace 250??

Paul

Platinum Member
http://www.topgear.com/uk/renault/megane/road-test/rs-265-trophy-driven

Pretty interesting article. TBH you would be livid if you had ordered a Trophy!!

Basically it says that the new 265 engine has been in development for a year which is excessive for a one-off. They say that it is due to replace the 250bhp unit and become standard on all future RS Meg's after it is facelift next year...

Oh and there is also talk of a hardcore version for a final run....

:smile:

Yeah I'd be a bit pissed, but then I'd remember my re-sale value vs a 250 lol!

They have a good point. A whole year for 15hp is waaay too long for the sake of a 'special edition'.

1 year in development does sound a lot for the small gains but it could have been one guy working on it for a year....then it doesn't sound like such a long time.

There will be a 275bhp version that should do <8min @ the Ring...

I think there are hints towards a hardcore version as a final run, I dont think there will be any question that RS are going to be lapping the Ring in less than 8 mins...

I want a megane tbh think that will be my next car or a new Clio when it comes out as long as it isn't fugly!!

I suppose it's a bit like the 225 and 230 from before. Really starting to like these RS Meganes tbh.

there gorgeous those cars hated them with a passion when they first came out but its grown on me so much

Me also. Was the same with the 200 as well if I'm honest.

Also seen this coming with the Megane. Like Arran says, they done similar on the last model.

Love the new Megane! So much quicker than any other FF car. Seriously considering a 250 or an R26.R as my next car :smile:
And it wouldnt surprise me if they did a hardcore version, there's quite a lot that can be done to the 250's.

Me also. Was the same with the 200 as well if I'm honest.

Also seen this coming with the Megane. Like Arran says, they done similar on the last model.

same here, the coupe as it first came out, with the silver bits in the front bumper..... puke.... when the RS and the GT came out the coupe started to look like it should've from the beginning, anyway, I want a 250! :smile: how original I know....

they do look nice, saw a nice blue one with black alloys, leather and a shed load of kit. 13k on the clock for £19,995. Was tempted but its a bit out of my price range.

I had read this article too. It got me thinking, if they make it 265bhp as standard, it leaves enough room in the model range below (clio) to be bumped up to around 220bhp, bring it on!

I like your thinking Adrian!!

I am really interested to see what happens with the RS line over the next few years...