Meg 225/230 conversion.

I know this has been asked before but I'm on my phone ad can't find anything on what I'm about to ask.

Basically I'm after finding out what costs I'm looking at to get this conversion completed?
Not the engine itself as I know that's going to be dependant on what I can source. It's just the fitting.

Anyone able to give me an idea?

Cheers

Ashley

I'd just emailed them and didn't realise they had a blog:-/
It's the 1st thing on there and answered my question fully lol.

Next question is does anyone have any other suggestions on where else would do a good job?
It's worth me looking at all suggestions to get the best price/job I can.
I'd probably keep the Clio gearbox at 1st as I'm pretty sure mine is good at the moment and from what I've read it will make it a little quicker due to te shorter gearing?

Cheers

Ashley

The other workshop in the UK seems to be jamsport, a few builds on here that have work done by them and seem happy, im sure there are others, someone local will be more help :smile:

I have a feeling the clio box wont support too much more power, and the 225 engine is a monster after just a remap, which you may aswell do at the same time of conversion, so its something you may want to look into mate! If i remember correctly it was something silly like 30 odd horses from just a remap! :smile:

I didn't think that Jamsport had done this conversion.. RSTuning have done a few and a member called Ste has done a couple including Litchys Meg 250 conversion.

FMP had his done by KTec and used the Clio box although I believe he has now gone for the meg box with a diff

Last edited:
FMP had his done by KTec and used the Clio box although I believe he has now gone for the meg box with a diff

indeed. My Clio box still works, but after 8000 miles of 225 engine, its started to feel rather worn and strained. Its hard to describe, but just feels looser.

Plus having no diff was really limiting the use of the extra power. So rather than fit a diff to a box that may not last, I decided to fit the megane box. So a 225 box with Quiafe ATB diff.

the 225 boxes seem to be fairly robust, so should give many miles of trouble free thrashing!

indeed. My Clio box still works, but after 8000 miles of 225 engine, its started to feel rather worn and strained. Its hard to describe, but just feels looser.

Plus having no diff was really limiting the use of the extra power. So rather than fit a diff to a box that may not last, I decided to fit the megane box. So a 225 box with Quiafe ATB diff.

the 225 boxes seem to be fairly robust, so should give many miles of trouble free thrashing!

The r26 box is the worst box for gear selection I've ever driven. Its sloppy and such a long throw. Just been reading about a guy that mods your originally gear linkage on Megansport. Its £50 and transforms this issue. People describe it as a 'must have' mod. However, the LSD is something else.

Thanks for the replies guys.
Given me a lot to think about:smile:

I've just registered over on Mesport and there's a 225 going for 2k with 54k on the clock, Could be worth looking at and then selling the rest off as spares maybe;-)

Also a couple of engines on fleabay so fingers crossed i'll be able to get something done soon.

I REALLY need a turbo in my life again haha.

The r26 box is the worst box for gear selection I've ever driven. Its sloppy and such a long throw. Just been reading about a guy that mods your originally gear linkage on Megansport. Its £50 and transforms this issue. People describe it as a 'must have' mod. However, the LSD is something else.

I drive my missus' R26 quite often, and whilst the gear change is a longer throw and maybe not as 'sniper rifle bolt action' as the Clio, I would say its far from sloppy.

Did you get a new or used gear stick/selector setup? Possibility that your cables have stretched?

I should have mine back on tuesday, so can see what the difference is like, if any to a genuine R26 setup.

But as you have mentioned, the shorter throw linkage has had some great feedback.

Thanks for the replies guys.
Given me a lot to think about:smile:

I've just registered over on Mesport and there's a 225 going for 2k with 54k on the clock, Could be worth looking at and then selling the rest off as spares maybe;-)

Also a couple of engines on fleabay so fingers crossed i'll be able to get something done soon.

I REALLY need a turbo in my life again haha.

should you decide to do this, you will have zero regrets. It really is the best of both worlds, the handling and size of the clio with the grunt of a megane.

Not to mention the ease of getting power from a turbo engine (to a point).

If you can get a complete car for 2k, its a no brainer. Like you say, rape and pillage the bits you need, then split the rest of the car. You would get a fiar chunk of your investment back!

I agree, its pathetic! I have tried a Megane with this fitted and its much much better. For the money, its a must mod. I shall be getting one shortly.

Have you thought about supercharging it mate? I know there are not any companies out there offering a complete package yet but there wil be soon. Around 240bhp, with low grunt and still keeping the high rev engine and close ratio gearbox? MikeLY in here is running SC and apparently it rocks big time...

My initial plans when I got the car was a supercharger, only company that do it at the moment are Jamsport who did Mikes car. They've quoted roughly £5500 fitted so I'm weighing up the benefits of each tbf.
I'd love a supercharger but also the ease of getting say 270bhp out of the meg engine with possibly less chance of it going wrong, and the stronger gearbox as has been suggested is at the moment winning.

I have a mate who works closely with Gtech and e has said that he will do the conversion for me, which will be massively cheaper than K-Tec.

It will be beginning of next year now, I can save the money in that time so have a couple of months to decide fully.

Have you thought about supercharging it mate? I know there are not any companies out there offering a complete package yet but there wil be soon. Around 240bhp, with low grunt and still keeping the high rev engine and close ratio gearbox? MikeLY in here is running SC and apparently it rocks big time...
Like to see the dyno run on independant rollers :wink:

I didn't think that Jamsport had done this conversion.. RSTuning have done a few and a member called Ste has done a couple including Litchys Meg 250 conversion.

Steve also does a lot for jamsport, very close. He did all my electronics and i no jamie has helped with a 225 conversion and possibly litchy 250 :smile:

Bumppy bump!

Two questions regarding this topic.

1. Is the 250 engine heavier than the 225? and i take it a 250 engine would be like rocking horse ****?

2. Superchargers... never seen one bar one that K-tec did.... i take it superchargers for the clio rs3 are just no exsistant bar spending 4k on it?...