Meets apart from Xmas do

so what other meets are there during year? I would actually like to go but away in Czech on 10th. Is there preset meets or just random? How about regional meets?

To be honest Steve, meet-wise it has been very quiet in 2016. The year before there was the Wales run, which attracted people from all over. There were a couple of runs in Yorkshire too. This year, there hasn't been anything.

We are hoping to move things forward in this regard though. The Xmas do will hopefully get the ball rolling - once people meet one another, there's that enthusiasm to meet up again. I think a go-karting meet could be something to consider into the new year - depending on how far people would like to travel, similar to the Xmas bash.

OK that's all cool. would have liked to have made the Xmas do but week before Xmas always dodgy for me maybe somewhere central like Bristol? I don't mind travelling

Reactions: Jimmy
The 24th of June 2017 would be the Saturday after the Summer solstice / longest day (Which is on Wednesday 21st)

It would make a great day for a "2017 Mega-Meet"....meaning people coming from afar have every chance of doing most of their journey both ways in good weather and visibility.

Throwing it out there as one idea...........

Good idea Shuv. It would be great to do something that is as inclusive as possible - distance is always going to be tricky, as those at opposite ends of the country like Scotland and Cornwall for example, will always have further to travel than others.

I've always thought that if something was arranged that made it 'worth' the trip, then people will come. The 2015 Wales run was a long way to go and involved a hotel stay, however I was happy to do that, as not only was it a great drive, but it was the chance to meet people and make new friends.

I can't remember exactly Shuv, however I seem to remember counting around 20 cars at the start point. It was an impressive turnout. Logistically, it's hard to keep so many cars together on a drive out, especially when it's...spirited! But it was a lot of fun, and the best parts were the standing and talking to each other.

I can't remember exactly Shuv, however I seem to remember counting around 20 cars at the start point. It was an impressive turnout. Logistically, it's hard to keep so many cars together on a drive out, especially when it's...spirited! But it was a lot of fun, and the best parts were the standing and talking to each other.

Sounds like it was a cracking meet-up that Jimmy ! 20 at the start is excellent.

Maybe if we planned on something similar again with a meet-up, a drive, an activity and an overnight stay - people would more inclined to come; if as you say the itinerary was pre-planned and kep everyone busy !

Sounds like it was a cracking meet-up that Jimmy ! 20 at the start is excellent.

Maybe if we planned on something similar again with a meet-up, a drive, an activity and an overnight stay - people would more inclined to come; if as you say the itinerary was pre-planned and kep everyone busy !

Yeah exactly, that's the sort of thing that would work well I think. Also has the benefit that people could opt out of certain things if they didn't have the time to do it all. Done over a weekend, we could make a really good couple of days out of it, and it wouldn't have to cost the earth.

Reactions: Johnny 99
There's another thread somewhere which is talking of a possible meet in Cumbria. Great roads & ok for me as it's pretty much bang on halfway between the north of Scotland & southern England. A large Premier Inn just off the M6 @ Carlisle would be ideal to stay in too.

There's another thread somewhere which is talking of a possible meet in Cumbria. Great roads & ok for me as it's pretty much bang on halfway between the north of Scotland & southern England. A large Premier Inn just off the M6 @ Carlisle would be ideal to stay in too.

Any idea where Johnny ? I've certainly not seen it........

Nice photos nuts!!
Jealous of you guys ,you all close and can meet when ever you want.
Dw one day ill come too! Even if it wont be with my car :x

The more i think about it - the more the sound (sic) of 30+ like-minded enthusiasts in Clio's; together for a weekend of French fun sounds awesome !

IMO the earlier we try to get something organised; the more chance we have of getting as many as possible of us together.

What say the collective ?

Reactions: Gordini
The more i think about it - the more the sound (sic) of 30+ like-minded enthusiasts in Clio's; together for a weekend of French fun sounds awesome !

IMO the earlier we try to get something organised; the more chance we have of getting as many as possible of us together.

What say the collective ?

Sounds good to me.