Mechanic Gloves

Never had any problems with the black mambas. Haven't split one yet! Used to go through loads of the cheaper ones

None, just a good hand cleaner for when i'm finished. I just don't get on with having gloves on, they always seem to get in the way!

i use different gloves for different things

for valeting i use Black Mamba

174709-lg.jpg
for more mechanical work i have some of these and they have last me for 3 years

Alpinestars-Mech-Pro-Motorcycle-Gloves-Black-Cool-Grey-1.jpg

I have just treated myself to some of these as we have an alpinestars account at work

alpinestars-spartan-gloves_cms_site_products_images_19208-1-23716_800_800_False.png

Last edited:
I picked these up at the ring earlier this year and used them when doing my laps.

Now I use them at home for when I'm working on the car. Nice and tight like a glove and many other things should be :wink:

_wsb_227x175_mechanikehand.gif

Hate wearing gloves when working on cars, just feel they get in the way. Would rather slap on some barrier cream.

After many many years of working with bare hands, and trying gloves when they first come out, I have now started to use latex gloves. At first I avoided them for all the reasons already mentioned. If you buy a good quality latex glove, they are better than working with oily hands. No longer do I need to repeatedly wash my hands, to tackle another part. Just whip a new pair of gloves on. As for feel, not a problem with a good glove. Suppose a few will compare it to wearing a condom, and yes I suppose it is, but it is better to be safe than with dermatitis.........

Get down to Sports Direct. They sell gloves for 99p that are perfectly adequate. They sell them behind the counter. Blue grippy fingers and palms and elasticated cotton back. They're very comfortable; try them before you blow £16.

Get down to Sports Direct. They sell gloves for 99p that are perfectly adequate. They sell them behind the counter. Blue grippy fingers and palms and elasticated cotton back. They're very comfortable; try them before you blow £16.

How much did SportsDirect pay you to type that out...

they sell a similar thing in Costco in boxes of 10. I use them loads for messy jobs. They last a week tops each pair with what I do, but they're great. Use Various nitrile gloves for oily stuff where it would soak into other gloves, mostly medical grade as they are a bit more expensive, but last 10 times as long.
Ringer gloves from Nimbus motorsport for anything heavy duty or hot (exhausts)

I've got about 8 pairs of gloves in the garage, ringers and mechanix type mostly.

Similar Thread Suggestions