Meanwhile in Finland

Antti O

Gold Member
Hi from north!
Currently -24c tempeature / 50 + cm of snow. Sorry about bad pictures, took with Iphone 4 couple of quick in my way home from work.

My clio 197 winter equipment:
-17" Alloys, 205/45/17 Nokia Hakkapelitta 4 stud winter tyres
-Defa engine pre-heating system
-Defa termini interior pre-heating 1350w.

big.jpg

big.jpg

big.jpg

Nice Antti, what's it like driving with the studded tyres?

Those preheating systems look interesting, never knew of such things.

Love Nimbus, looks a wee bit fresh up there. Moan when its -5 here in Wales. Car really does not like it at all, at least the kangaroo of the 197 isnt evident in the 200, thank Christ!

Nice Antti, what's it like driving with the studded tyres?

Those preheating systems look interesting, never knew of such things.

Hi

Nokia start making stud tyres 1970 in Finland and they are so high tech that driving experience is not so bad at all. Grip in snow and even ice is good and predictable. With 205/45 tyres steering is pretty sharp. We have to use from beginning of december to start of march winter tyres but i change normally summer tyres 15.4 or something. You can imagine how bad roads are here because studs / salt eat asfalt.

I use Defa preheating system. There is basically 500w resistor (like a kettle you know) in the engine block water gallery. Before start i pre-heat 2 hours. Water temp is about +10 celsius no matter how cold here is.
It warms up oil too.

Termini interior heater is 1350w and it has thermostat for tempeature adjustment. And it is for defrosting ice from windows and heating the car interior warm and nice before driving :smile:

Model picture:

Termini-1350-3.jpg

-24C!!!! And to think Silverstone and Pistonheads cancelled this weekends Sunday service because of our "severe" -1C.

I don't envy you out there, just come back from germany and it was -14 in the night, it did not end well for me there :blink: