Me New Seats and Steering Wheel

It is said you should wear gloves with suede but I can't be arsed. I've got a quick release suede wheel on the Elise and its been fine without gloves. Feels lovely so I'm not bothered how long it lasts :smile:

Last edited:
I suppose if and when I come to do some track days I'd use me motorbike gloves as I'll gripping a lot more than what I would on normal road driving.

Saying that though, the suede should last some good time... When it starts looking really tatty, just get Jack to redo it... Still work out cheaper twice round than buying a new one :smile:

Sorry if i missed how much/where it was done but i'm interested in having my steering wheel done like this. Who done it & how much?

Sorry if i missed how much/where it was done but i'm interested in having my steering wheel done like this. Who done it & how much?

Nah it's cool mate, £140 fitted on an exchange basis.... You pay £50 deposit, Jack will do the steering wheel in 2 weeks, you go down swap yours with your new one, easy hey!

Jack - http://royalsteeringwheels.com

Thought I should add, it doesn't have to on an exchange basis, that was the easiest option for me as it saves having the car off the road for a few days.

Last edited:
Luke, I'd ring him tomorrow. He'll want a £50 deposit via PayPal and he'll need a couple of weeks to do it so would work out perfect for you pal :smile: Not got anything to clean it yet as only got it fitted yesterday. I'm a bit of a Zymol fanboy so I'll see what they've got to offer. Ha my mate said I'll have to get some driving gloves, gonna do me street cred loads hey ha..

Well I've just had a look at the seat/seat base... going from where you've measured yours I don't think there's anything in it mate, around 300mm. The seat bases I've got are Clio 3 Recaro direct replacement ones. I'd give Felix a call at GSM, he should be able to help. They must do a lower base mate.

When i had my Honda everyone was lowering the recaros so can't be that hard to get hold off pal.

I'll phone up first thing tomorrow in that case mate. [emoji2] Let me know what products you find. Haha I'll be using my gloves all winter. [emoji23]

Ahh ok mate, I'm sure they look lower but never mind. There are some madeno subframes I can get from the Netherlands. But they are around £300 each. [emoji33] Will give GSM a call. Thanks for all the help bud.

Jesus Christ, £300 per sub... that's insane. Not worth it mate. I'll do some digging and see what I can find.

Any joy with Jack and the wheel?

As for the cleaning products I'm not getting anything to soon as it's all brand new so shouldn't need cleaning for a little while. I've got serious OCD when it come to cleaning my car so I always tend to go for the high end products... (The misses thinks I'm mental)

Speaking of her, I've already had to tell her twice about how to get in these seats... Step in and not drag her arse across the bolster! Haha.

Last edited:
love this fellas steering wheel! anyone know where i could get something similar but delivered to northern ireland?

Hi pal, got to be quick going out, but the bloke that did mine will do an exchange unit on a posted basis... Click the link a few messages up and get in touch with him.... Jack's his name at Royal Steering Wheels.

hope that helps

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Car Parts For Sale 0
G Clio 197 Area 1
Stew Clio 197 Area 12
Tarticmonkey Car Parts For Sale 7
L Clio 197 Area 1