Me New Seats and Steering Wheel

Well after only a month of ownership I already got bored of the standard sport seat so decided to 'upgrade' a little. Also had an exchange steering wheel done and fitted by Jack at Royal Steering Wheel, he's a great bloke and done a cracking job.

Anyway thought I'd just share the update with you guys....

image_zpsb0757ba0.jpg

image_zpsbc88265f.jpg

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]image_zps7ae37b50.jpg[/COLOR]

image_zps85db8923.jpg

Some more suede bits are getting done ready for next month also the exterior is getting a few little touches... I'll update in due course.

Last edited:
great seats, lovely steering wheel, a bit like a megane trophy style. where did you get the seats? :smiley:

great seats, lovely steering wheel, a bit like a megane trophy style. where did you get the seats? :smiley:

Cheers mate... Yeah it's getting there ha. The steering wheel feels so good compared to the leather.

I got the seats from GSM Performance, lad called Felix looked after me very well, really good service from them.

Look really nice, how much you pay if you don't mind me asking (for the seats).

Thanks pal.... as you check on GSM website, it's no secret... £975 per seat and £130 per sub frame. Expensive I know but now I have a pair of Recaros that I swap from car to car, just buy the subs :smile:

Hi, Very nice mate, really liking the suade/leather on the recaros.

Quick question on your steering wheel. Sorry if this sounds confusing. I noticed you have the non full fat cup model, Same as me. Did you get an exchange for a "full fat" wheel or is it still the "non full fat cup" wheel? The full fats are chunkier and have a red band, but I can't work out which one you have now it been re trimmed. Haha

I really like it and Royal steering wheels is in Aylesbury which is fairly near to me so I'm considering getting this done.

Hi, Very nice mate, really liking the suade/leather on the recaros.

Quick question on your steering wheel. Sorry if this sounds confusing. I noticed you have the non full fat cup model, Same as me. Did you get an exchange for a "full fat" wheel or is it still the "non full fat cup" wheel? The full fats are chunkier and have a red band, but I can't work out which one you have now it been re trimmed. Haha

I really like it and Royal steering wheels is in Aylesbury which is fairly near to me so I'm considering getting this done.

I'm sure the full fat wheel has buttons for the cruise control Luke

I did think this mate, but the buttons are on the airbag so surely you could still get full fat wheel with a non full fat air bag? If you catch my drift....

Totally. Can't see why that couldn't be done. You would have thought the airbag section would be exactly the same design but with a different cover. Cross design is the Renault way afterall

I did think this mate, but the buttons are on the airbag so surely you could still get full fat wheel with a non full fat air bag? If you catch my drift....

Yeah Fernandez is right Luke. Whoever spec'd my Cup from new didn't put anything on it.

Royal Steering Wheels are in Aylesbury pal... I agree though, shouldn't make a difference with or without the buttons pal. It's still the non full fat one. Jack has my old one now so if you're thinking of getting it done you should give Jack a call... He'll sort you out bud.

Last edited:
Yeah Fernandez is right Luke. Whoever spec'd my Cup from new didn't put anything on it.

Royal Steering Wheels are in Aylesbury pal... I agree though, shouldn't make a difference with or without the buttons pal. You should give Jack a call... He'll sort you out bud.

I see, I see, thanks for the help. :smile: tbh I think I will stick with the non full fat one like yours, as it looks a little chunkier compared to standard which is nice. I find I can't grip my leather wheel very well, it just seems to slip through my hands. Do you find the suade better?

Also with your recaros where did you get you subframes from as they look a lot lower than Renault recaros. Would love to modify mine to be lower. The standard seating position is just too high for me.

Sorry to bombard you with questions haha.

I see, I see, thanks for the help. :smile: tbh I think I will stick with the non full fat one like yours, as it looks a little chunkier compared to standard which is nice. I find I can't grip my leather wheel very well, it just seems to slip through my hands. Do you find the suade better?

Also with your recaros where did you get you subframes from as they look a lot lower than Renault recaros. Would love to modify mine to be lower. The standard seating position is just too high for me.

Sorry to bombard you with questions haha.

Nah it's cool mate. Like I said I'd give Jack a call sooner rather than later as he now has my old one for exchange... £125 with any combo you want and £15 fitting. Bargain I think considering the prices of aftermarket and standard new ones. also you can defiantly grip the suede more that the leather, just feels so much nicer too (although now I don't want to really touch it, constantly making sure my hands a clean ha)

As for the subs, GSM supplied those too (only set Recaro had without a 4-5 week waiting time) I honestly couldn't tell you mate if they were lower or not as I've only sat in a friends R27 a few years back and never been in another one with the Recaros since. If someone wants to measure theirs I'll happily measure mine?! Compared to the standard sport seats that where in it only a few hours ago they don't feel much different in height.

Hope this helps a little mate.
:smile:

Nah it's cool mate. Like I said I'd give Jack a call sooner rather than later as he now has my old one for exchange... £125 with any combo you want and £15 fitting. Bargain I think considering the prices of aftermarket and standard new ones. also you can defiantly grip the suede more that the leather, just feels so much nicer too (although now I don't want to really touch it, constantly making sure my hands a clean ha)

As for the subs, GSM supplied those too (only set Recaro had without a 4-5 week waiting time) I honestly couldn't tell you mate if they were lower or not as I've only sat in a friends R27 a few years back and never been in another one with the Recaros since. If someone wants to measure theirs I'll happily measure mine?! Compared to the standard sport seats that where in it only a few hours ago they don't feel much different in height.

Hope this helps a little mate.
:smile:

Thanks mate, that's my mod for the end of the month then haha. I'll ring him this week so he can start it. Not a bad price either for £140. I was considering an after market omp or a Cup racer sabelt for mine. But I really didn't wanna lose the airbag, since it a road car I think it probably more sensible. :smile: Good to hear its gripper. Haha I know what you mean, it's winter so you could wear gloves whenever you drive which might stop it from wearing as much haha. [emoji23] Have you bought anything to keep the suade nice?

Just went out and measured the seat now, the lip of the seat base is about 300mm from the floor as seen in the pic. Let me know how high yours sit whenever you get a chance. Cheers :smile:
281359294684ed11b741635f3010d266.jpg

Luke, I'd ring him tomorrow. He'll want a £50 deposit via PayPal and he'll need a couple of weeks to do it so would work out perfect for you pal :smile: Not got anything to clean it yet as only got it fitted yesterday. I'm a bit of a Zymol fanboy so I'll see what they've got to offer. Ha my mate said I'll have to get some driving gloves, gonna do me street cred loads hey ha..

Well I've just had a look at the seat/seat base... going from where you've measured yours I don't think there's anything in it mate, around 300mm. The seat bases I've got are Clio 3 Recaro direct replacement ones. I'd give Felix a call at GSM, he should be able to help. They must do a lower base mate.

When i had my Honda everyone was lowering the recaros so can't be that hard to get hold off pal.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Car Parts For Sale 0
G Clio 197 Area 1
Stew Clio 197 Area 12
Tarticmonkey Car Parts For Sale 7
L Clio 197 Area 1