Mc fail, cut out wont start

Ghey

Just got back from being towed home. My 2008 Cup decided to cut out @ 60. Managed to coast into a pull in. No lights/messages shown on dash. Now the car winds over, its got compression but wont fire. Fuses appear fine, checked the big ones round the battery. Only thing i have noticed is the pump doesnt prime, does it prime everytime the ignition its turned on?

Any more things to try, do they have a fuel cut out as there is no mention in the handbook?

gaz

I'd expect the pump to prime everytime ignition is turned on. Fuel pumps do seem to be one of the more common failures so possible this has gone

Well the faults still there, its off to Birchdown tomorrow. Wasnt sure if it primes everytime if its not fired?

you should hear it everytime prime up

take the pipe off the end of the fuel rail and let it fire fuel in to a container...

hmmmm just done a quick search in here, found 4 cases of pump failure so far.... Found this, sounds familiar :worried:

Just completely stopped mate, I was driving down a pretty twisty bit of road and all of a sudden just a bag full of nothing and a message on the dash "Please select neutral".

I thought it was an immobiliser thing but when the AA guy turned up we found it was powering the Pump but it wasn't doing anything at all.

deffo doesnt prime, i'll mention this to steve tomorrow,

ghey.

Last edited:
Mine did this, turned out to be the TDC sensor in the gearbox, but that was damaged by a bit of the clutch coming away, which eventually lead to clutch failure and destroyed the bell housing of my gearbox!! lol

try cleaning the tdc sensor i had this problem it would cut out and crank over but not fire up so i gave the tdc a clean cranked it over and she fired up straight away