Maxogen Vs K&N CIS intake

afternnoon guys.
as the title says really.

does anyone know the difference between these two? both closed intakes but one is £170 and the other is £290.

just wondered why they are so far apart price wise.

opinions greatly received!!

Its because the K&N is a pile of poop that will lose you about 6bhp across the rev range, I trialled it about 18 months ago with RS Tuning to show how poor it was, K&N never got back to me over the failures of the system. However, it did sound good though...

I've got a maxogen and it does make the car feel slightly quicker and the sound from it is great. I can't comment on the K&N but the post above is some good advice, poop.
PM smoggy Mark he can get them for £220 plus post costs.

I have not heard a good word about K&N only they sound good but loose power which is proved by mike at RS tuning,now the MAXOGEN sounds good and gain power which has been proven.
niknok sums them up well that the Maxogen feels slightly quicker and sounds good.
think most ITG stuff is more pricey as they are good quality.

i have a k&n filter 57i? i think or something, running a caf and i have to say it feels quicker higher up the rpm range but im doubting myself now lol

i have a k&n filter 57i? i think or something, running a caf and i have to say it feels quicker higher up the rpm range but im doubting myself now lol

Dan if your board sometime stick your old intake back on then rolling road it in the same day then stick the K&N on and rolling road it.

A CAF might help it like?

Not sure on the 57i I havent seen the filter size, my trials were based on the Apollo CIS

I have a caf running from the oem place and also another coming from down near gearbox :smile: and when I get it mapped i shall ask if I can test both. But I have a k&n with an Oreca race system and I'm dead even with my mates Vxr with cdti intake setup, full miltek , front mount. If anything I feel I slightly get the edge on him, also dead flat with my mates st upto around 125

I have a caf running from the oem place and also another coming from down near gearbox :smile: and when I get it mapped i shall ask if I can test both. But I have a k&n with an Oreca race system and I'm dead even with my mates Vxr with cdti intake setup, full miltek , front mount. If anything I feel I slightly get the edge on him, also dead flat with my mates st upto around 125

with the oem feed your running matey,have you removed the box in the top of the bumper that it goes to? most people think this feed is fed from the front grill but it isn't,i found this out when i removed my front bumper,the feed goes into a tiny sealed black box in the bumper and has no influence from the front grill,this box can be removed easily to increase flow,also the oem feed doesn't line up with the front grill so a bit of flexi hose to bridge the gap helps