Max spec for my money

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and was just looking for some buyer help. My situation is I was in an accident last week where by a haulage vehicle encroached my lane and proceeded to push my fully restored RS 172 to a fully parked position on the pavement! I think its going to be a write off :worried:

I am now waiting for the insurance to do their thing and I was looking to change to a 197 as a 200 is out of my budget. I will likely have £5000-6000 tops to spend and do not want the RS spoiler. Having a look around I have seen some very clean 197's with good history and a couple upgrades such as upgraded lights and climate control. I don't mind a high miles car but up to 75,000.

Am I in the right ball park? Had a good read of the buyers guide which was really helpful.

Thanks Nut :smile:

I've always been one for trade after a couple private sellers not being truthful and I'm no mechanic. Cant wait to get my hands on a one though, still hooked on Renault Sports.

you will get a sub 60k black or Albi blue R27 for that money - private not dealer.

Check Cambelt / gearbox etc

look for
Climate & Xenons as options.

S

You'd find a really nice one for 6 easy there's a few good ones around at the monent

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice all,

Hopefully in a few weeks I will be posting my 197! I will hopefully be restoring it back to something like mint like I did with my 172 :smile:

I got my 197 for £5500. An 09 plate Lux model with 78k miles on it and immaculate history. The Lux model is pretty much top spec apart from Recaros.