Marc's 200

Hey so I've had my 200 since May but it's not been without it's ups and downs

Went to see it as advertised as a Silverstone GP. After some digging around on here I had a good idea it wasn't before I got over to the dealer. So some haggling got a cam belt,service and front tyres thrown in which I was more than happy with.

2 weeks in..fourth gear crunch....nooo!!! Again you guys knowledge on here saved me. Back to the dealer and gearbox rebuilt on warranty in Bristol Transmisions .I had a week and driving their 2002 Volvo v70 beige automatic sofa around. Not exactly what I had in mind.

Finally got it back this Tuesday, and what can I say, I bloody love it. So much fun

It's a FF Cup, with the cup spoiler, Tom Tom sat nav and a really nice quilted leather interior (sadly not recaros but I might have to remedy that after reading Gordinis post and seeing his retrim)

First mod is adding DAB radio using a pure highway 300di adapter and changing out the roof aerial for a dab/gps/cellular/amfm number. Will post it in pictures on here if anyone wants to do the same.

After that it will be H&R 30mm springs and spacers and maybe get the wheels satin black..although I've not decides yet. Might go for some OZ's instead.

After that who knows, probably just enjoy it in the corners after that but thinking of debasing and changing Renault badges to black..nothing drastic.

Anyhoo, here's some pics of it looking pretty

Marc9d7ba53d14f09e017eb07db6316881ed.jpg2a4bbf9498b7b1bce99c4d77569c32fa.jpg7c1bae4fbf7b80c17839af0a5e2a0195.jpg12788a38138ef53de184ff8d088731fd.jpg781455799a74119c1e09d1755facc641.jpgbcddfaf479e8228dda8203be560a3bf1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

VERY nice Marc. Looks rather clean ! Recaro's "might" be nicer in some eyes - but i love the seats you have. Should make a good price if you do sell in the future though....

Car looks great. And glad to hear you've got all the issues sorted now and are enjoying it like it should be !

Look forward to seeing it progress :smile:

***I've also moved this into the "Progress threads" section for you.

Reactions: Marc Wylie
Good story there Marc..glad all was covered by warranty for you otherwise it could have been a hefty bill to pay..
they are great cars and you will love it behind the wheel...

Thanks guys. Just waiting for some cables being made so should get the DAB install done next weekend.
Lowering and spacers may take a little while longer. Have to balance this with getting back into racing (motorbike) which is an absolute money pit.

Looking very smart mate. They seats look great, I would keep them. What bike do you race? Big bike fan myself, I have a 09 R1.

The car looks brilliant in that colour and wheel combo! Sounds like an eventful start to ownership, but good on you for persisting, and now you can fully enjoy it! Agreed on the seats: they might not be Recaro, but they look great!

Nice to have a couple of big jobs taken care of, like the belt change and gearbox rebuild, without you being the one having to pay out! That's a pretty well specced car especially with the sat nav and the leather interior.

Really nice! :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking very smart mate. They seats look great, I would keep them. What bike do you race? Big bike fan myself, I have a 09 R1.

Hey, thank you I do love them, it was definitely a reason for buying!
I have raced for a few years. Used to do endure and motocross then got into road bikes through thubdersport. Did pre injection class in a 5eb r6 but so expensive (like £600 for a weekend with tyres so now doing thundersport 500 series. Is a control class using cb500's. Is more affordable (£400 a weekend lol[emoji15] ) but I swear it's the most fun you can have on two wheels.

Don't ride on the road anymore. Things come the other way on the road haha

Reactions: sevenfourate
Hi Eddie, Jimmy. Thanks, I really do love it. The combo is pretty awesome and the seats finish it off nicely.a
It was previously on a private plate V2FTM registered in Croydon. Any of you guys seen it before? Would be nice to get some history on it

So DAB install done today. I used a purehighway 300di DAB adaptor and a FIG Kombi antenna DAB GPS Cellular AM FM roof mount antenna replacing the OEM antenna. (Both ebay) and had some fakra extension cables made at co star components www.co-star.co.uk .

The install took a bit of time (3 hours ish) plus prep and planning but was simple enough for anyone who's audio install experience. Needed torx bits and driver, 22mm socket, snips, bull nose pliers, small cable ties and clio lock spliced (halfords). Total instal was around £200.

The sound quality on DAB is awesome. Like listening to iPod but radio! The install has also improved FM reception 100%. I really recommend it. Happy to give an in depth tutorial if anyone wants to follow suit!

Really pleased with how it's turned out. All wires well hidden and maintained the one look as far as possible.

24ada098d6835142c337276930c7b528.jpg2389593e3d8f85bf421e89b33252ba0c.jpg63c38e592967a097ffdb1d8bbe78b356.jpg7979a1385f584cbfe3ff80743cc79b6a.jpg

Reactions: Big Ben and Sean197