manifold

the Renault one is like £800+ and cracks so price in this case doesn't mean longevity....

the toyo one is for what it is a good price and in my view (even if I haven't seen one) worth the price :thumbsup:

The renault one cracks because of failing engine mounts, it's actually a pretty decent design

The renault one cracks because of failing engine mounts, it's actually a pretty decent design
This is true, the problem is that usually people don't realise their engine mounts have had it, until like what happened to me, you become aware of a very laud hissing! Then my friend it's too late, New manifold and new mounts..... sad times, the standard manifold is fine but getting hold of them is pretty hard.. as already noted maaaaany Times over.

Yes at this moment in time the Renault manifold is very hard to get hold ofIm At a month now, in a lovely enterprise car

what about the 200's that have failed....that aint due to "engine mounts"....they have to give to stop vibration and so do the flexis etc

been plenty on here with cracked welds and broken flexis - the cracked welds on the branches isn't due to engine mounts

What makes you think the 200 ones haven't cracked because of failed engine mounts? The engine mounts on these cars are awful especially the lower one

lower one isn't that bad in fact its quite robust for a lower one...have yet to see someone post one on here one thats "worn"!

the branches crack on the welds due to probably poor weld or under cutting on the actual welded seam - more due to heating up and cooling down than movement

lower one isn't that bad in fact its quite robust for a lower one...have yet to see someone post one on here one thats "worn"!

the branches crack on the welds due to probably poor weld or under cutting on the actual welded seam - more due to heating up and cooling down than movement
Is there a problem with just rewelding it ?

I'll take a photo of my lower mount that I removed yesterday - one side of it moves more than I would like it to and the rubber has perished and cracked on the other.

The passenger side flexi had split which caused cylinders 2&3 to crack, popping in the new flexis and getting the manifold welded today.

Don't know how many of us there are on here waiting for a mani from renualt me and misses have done
nothing but pester ruk all month any way spoke to renualt yesterday and they said 4 have come over from France
im not holding my breath but I should get my car back Monday, and for those that have been waiting a while
give your garage a ring (if you haven't already) it might be there, it's only taken a month!!!! FFS

I've emailed toyosports about their manifolds and it looks like another 8 days till they get them in, from the other thread I said there'd be three to five people wanting them, they offered them at £200 each.

Just looked, it was 12th sept and they said two weeks.