Manifold Flexi's

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on some manifold flexi's or somewhere that could fabricate some?

One of the flexi's is frayed and giving the blowing noise. A few garages I've rang around have all given me quotes for the full exhaust replacement with it being an all in one part but surely someone must have had the same problem and has a work around.

I will be getting the car decat'd at the same time as I get this carried out so hopefully this will make replacing them an easier job.

Have a look at the last page on my project thread, we just had to do this to mine. Whereabouts are you?

This is my repaired manifold

2011-09-27005.jpg

This is the flexi damage on my original manifold

2011-10-05005.jpg

FYI we used Bosal 265-567 and replaced both. I think they were around £25 each, unfortunately it took quite a lot of time (circa 4hrs) to remove the old flexis and weld in the new ones.

I was quoted about £85 each fitted from a place in Leeds.

I now have a spare manifold, we are probably going to repair it and sell or exchange, if you are interested?

Last edited:
Have a look at the last page on my project thread, we just had to do this to mine. Whereabouts are you?

FYI we used Bosal 265-567 and replaced both. I think they were around £25 each, unfortunately it took quite a lot of time (circa 4hrs) to remove the old flexis and weld in the new ones.

I was quoted about £85 each fitted from a place in Leeds.

I now have a spare manifold, we are probably going to repair it and sell or exchange, if you are interested?

So the front flexis were replaced without removing whole manifold?

No, I got a spare manifold, repaired it and then swapped the whole manifold for the one on the car. I do not think you could do this on the car, the subframe is in the way.

Nice

Well my flexi isn't as frayed as the one you're showing but it sounds bad enough.

Not sure the garages I have spoken to have a clue as they all just ring for a part and get the full exhaust part.

If I got the parts they said they would do the job. What length flexi's did you use? 21cm? 2.5" bore?

I might just take it to Revolution, although when I contacted them they tried to tell me it definitely needed a remap after a decat so...

No, I got a spare manifold, repaired it and then swapped the whole manifold for the one on the car. I do not think you could do this on the car, the subframe is in the way.

Oh.. my exhaust leaks little bit near flexis somewhere when cold.
I dont want to take whole exhaust manifold off :worried:

only solution I'm afraid. There really is very little room there. Took me an hour just to remove and refit the head shield on my starter motor!

Is there any other potential points where my exhaust can be leaking? Sound comes near flexi parts when cold..

Flexi Update

Well I've ordered two of these flexi's from Germany and it cost £72. Not bad considering my alternative option seems to be buying a dealer only part which is £723 before fitting (robbing gypsies!!)

So now the wait begins till they arrive and I can get these and the decat put on the car :001_rolleyes:

Is there any other potential points where my exhaust can be leaking? Sound comes near flexi parts when cold..

Mine was blowing from the manifold to cat back joint. Solved by tightening the clamp. Apparently this is a fairly common issue.

Bit of a bump, but I've had this issue from the first week of owning the car. Does anyone have a picture of the clamp that should be tightened?

Should be pretty obvious when you look under the car just behind the subframe (pretty much directly below the gear lever area). It sits between the manifold cat and the bigger cat.

Loosen it off and then tighten it whilst pushing up to seat the 2 parts correctly.

Ive had the same prob with my Flexi's...
Was going to just replace them, but got quoted £170 all in, seems way too much for something that wont make any dif!

Found a new manifold off ebay, looks pretty good I think. Any idea how it would fit on to a standard system, as this only has one end pipe, instead of two.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c68adf6c4

Cheers,

Also, anyone know any good garages to get it done in Manchester?

Hope you get yours sorted mate

Ive had the same prob with my Flexi's...
Was going to just replace them, but got quoted £170 all in, seems way too much for something that wont make any dif!

Found a new manifold off ebay, looks pretty good I think. Any idea how it would fit on to a standard system, as this only has one end pipe, instead of two.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c68adf6c4

Cheers,

Also, anyone know any good garages to get it done in Manchester?

Hope you get yours sorted mate

thats how they are - one pipe that clamps on to the cat - that manifold just has the small "pre-cat" removed and replaced by a flexi - could be a good replacement for the standard manifold as long as its been built right!

Well my flexi isn't as frayed as the one you're showing but it sounds bad enough.

Not sure the garages I have spoken to have a clue as they all just ring for a part and get the full exhaust part.

If I got the parts they said they would do the job. What length flexi's did you use? 21cm? 2.5" bore?

I might just take it to Revolution, although when I contacted them they tried to tell me it definitely needed a remap after a decat so...

Revolution is good place to take it,you dont have to have a map but you will have to live with a tasty flat spot.

That eBay one has no precat in it, so you will need a remap if you buy that one. Henderson said that when he got his remapped, the guy told him it had been running dangerously lean. He needed to replace his spark plugs as well I think.