Manifold flexi repair

As title my car exhaust has started to blow and it's before pre cat either the y pipe join or the flexi's so couldn't tell as was unwilling to feel due to exhaust being red hot. So I ordered some bosel 265-567 flexi's in case. All I am after is if anyone has done it to their own car some tips and advice? I will be doing it with my friend, I am a Aircraft engineer, he is also a fully trained mechanic and welder/fabricator so we should be able to do it just not familiar with the layout of these as not had to do anything yet.

cheers

Well for a start you have to get it out, which is a bit of a *******.

the common places that the manifold goes is at the flexis, but they also go at the flanges at the top that connects to the block. I've had a manifold go in both places coinsidently.

pretty sure it's just a chop and weld in new one, but I've not personally done it, when my flexis went I replaced the manifold. I sold my broken manifold to a bloke doing the same as what your doing.

post #5 of this thread is the chap who bought my broken exhaust:

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?44534-Flexis

Last edited:
Well for a start you have to get it out, which is a bit of a *******.

the common places that the manifold goes is at the flexis, but they also go at the flanges at the top that connects to the block. I've had a manifold go in both places coinsidently.

pretty sure it's just a chop and weld in new one, but I've not personally done it, when my flexis went I replaced the manifold. I sold my broken manifold to a bloke doing the same as what your doing.

post #5 of this thread is the chap who bought my broken exhaust:

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?44534-Flexis

yeah ah cheers I am happy that we will be able to repair it as his welding is superb, like you say it's just getting it out that I am wondering about. But I have been reading around other peoples post and loads of garages have done it so it's definitely possible by us