Malaysian Grand Prix, WTF?

richandgem

Platinum Member
I read last night tha Hamilton has been given a 20 second penalty for being too aggressive while Alonso was behind him, making more than one move to block him. Alonso was also given one for causing the accident with Hamilton

Is it me or does this very OTT on oth parties, I can't put into words how much I hate Alonso but he didn't really cause Hamilton any problem. And with Hamilton's punishment reeks of inconsistency, vettel was all over the place as they left the grid to stop Hamilton getting past.

They are always going on about making it better for the fans but stuff like this just really frustrates them IMO

Personaly i dont see whats wrong with defensive driving. What do they expect him to just move over and let him pass? I think all fault lies with Alonso by not getting off the throttle fast enough or not moving fast enough.

Don't get me wrong I think the accident was all Alonso's fault, but he didn't cause a problem. If the accident had punctured a tyre then I say fair enough but it didn't

I really, really don't see what Hamilton did wrong? he barely moved? Alonso just drove into the back of him!

I agree, the penalties are stupid. Hamilton should be able to do everything he can to block alonso as long as its not too dangerous. Alonso shouldn't have been penalised because he already penalised himself by having to make the pit stop

i spotted hamilton moved a couple of times on the main straight i think, it was a lap or 2 before the incident if i remember rightly, so thats why he got the penalty

I can't see what he did wrong either. I watched the clips of it a few times and all he does is line himself up for the next corner. I don't see how they complain there's no overtaking and no spectacle and then when the two best drivers out there go head to head they get penalized?! WTF I thought this was motorsport not a chuffing book club!

It was Alonso fault got too close and Hamilton didn't do wrong or block him.

FIA president Jean Todt use to be ferrari manager so I think that got to do with it.

I read last night tha Hamilton has been given a 20 second penalty for being too aggressive while Alonso was behind him, making more than one move to block him. Alonso was also given one for causing the accident with Hamilton

Is it me or does this very OTT on oth parties, I can't put into words how much I hate Alonso but he didn't really cause Hamilton any problem. And with Hamilton's punishment reeks of inconsistency, vettel was all over the place as they left the grid to stop Hamilton getting past.

They are always going on about making it better for the fans but stuff like this just really frustrates them IMO

totally agree - its a farce fined for racing! :argue:

I don't understand F1, get the Clio Cup racing on! Lol! Or the rally, or touring cars. They can take some serious knocks with out causing the car to be tottaly usless!

Which did bugger all anyway. Same with KERS aswell except on the start when webbers didn't work and he looked left he'd left the brakes on lol!

Hamilton shouldn't of been penalised. He weaved to stop the slipstream, he didn't make multiple moves in an overtaking zone. Massa did far worse.

Alonso should of been penalised, causing a collision always carries a penalty.

The drs was good when they showd you like invisible slip stream passing other cars. Kers wtf is that like an electric forced induction system? Kept hearing them talk about webber being 80 hp down