Main fuse help

mellor1991

Paid Member
Hi,

After charging my car battery whilst on the car I lost all stereo and centre console and boot functions.

I've since checked every 5a, 10a and 20a fuses and all are OK. Nothing appears burnt out.

Before I had no issues so I'd assume it's not an earth problem or short circuit.

Any advice on where to go next? I've not pulled any main fuses through fear or causing further issues.

Cheers.

There is a fuse that is hidden away that went on our car and when replaced sorted out the same issues you have had.

I will let @EthanMenace explain where the fuse is as I have never seen it and he knows where you can find it.

I believe it was just hidden away to the right of the fuse box by the steering wheel, you have to remove the lower trim and you should see it off by itself on the right

No problem, we had the same issue for a year, so it was extra frustrating to find out it was just 1 fuse causing it!
I've taken the bottom section off, found two fuses including the earth which there doesn't seem to be a problem with (earth is black so can't see if it's burnt out)

There are the two larger fuses (purple and pink) would these be the ones you're referring to?

I've also no idea what the dangling lead and brown connector is for.

Attachments

• 20231015_140343.jpg
    20231015_140343.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8
  • 20231015_140334.jpg
    20231015_140334.jpg
    784.7 KB · Views: 8
I thought it was the one with the two red wires coming out of the back?
I didn’t replace it personally, Alex at AW Motorworks did it for me but it was definitely around that area