Magpie's Clio V6 'Betty THe Beast'

MissMagpiev6

Paid Member
Yo guys! As Im fairly new to this site I thought I'd share a few pics of Betty!

Since passing in 2005 I bought a brand new 1.2 Clio 'Daisy'

dawnspix296.jpg

Loved that little car, had her 2 years until I could afford this! Didn't name this one :worried:

dawns188.jpg

Had her 1 year to buy this

Day I got her

dawns197004.jpg

Detailing session!

Photo0882.jpg

After the clutch failed at just 3,000 miles then the seat wore after a further 2,000 miles I said enoughs enough, so 9 months later I sold her to a lovely essex lad.

The Vee, day I got her

vee019.jpg
vee017.jpg
vee003.jpg

First thing needed was a bloody good detail!

2009_0412veedirty0021.jpg
2009_0412veedirty0018.jpg

In the mean time winter came about, 2nd car needed! Pug 106 1.1, awesome!

1061026.jpg
1062022.jpg

The vee's been a superb car & a hoot to drive. Had the dreaded cambelt in 2010, took her to SG Motorsport in Wiltshire. Engine out, belt, waterpump & service £1500, she was only on 20,000 miles but I wasn't risking it!

So my first mod was to spray all the grills satin black, then I had the alloys sprayed gloss black. £400 and they did an awful job, they weren't true black which really annoyed my ocd'ness! :angry:

Also added Recaro Trendlines out of Trophy #299 :biggrin: Jammy or what! Then the clear engine cover, and the 197 steering wheel which was my 2nd fave mod! So much nicer. :thumbsup:

IMG_3260.jpg
IMG_5039.jpg
IMG_7030.jpg

I sold the 106 after a year, as I wanted to work my ncb up to get summat quicker :wink:

So, I bought this! In the rain, not a great idea!

newpix010.jpg

Ended up like this!

almostthere048.jpg

Sold that after 1 year .... for this! Daisy mk2. No befores, but was standard

IMG_4169.jpg
IMG_6537.jpg

Loved that 172, spend lots on my cars only to make a massive loss but its such fun! :biggrin: Sold her for Poppy!

IMG_8856.jpg

And the vee now, except she has gone back to silver wheels :worried:

GFW_9849.jpg
GFW_9795.jpg
GFW_9868.jpg
GFW_9779.jpg

Sorry for the rambling on! Its been a great journey threw the great cars I have owned :thumbsup

Somebody likes Renaultsport's then!!! :smiley:

Diamonds are a girls best friend and all that. The Vee looks ace, love those things. Good work on getting those seats too. :thumbup:

Nice car history, Renault must love you :smiley:. Your Vee is beautiful, I'd love to pick one of these up as a second car one day, I'd just need a REALLY wide garage lol!

How could you possibly drive that scruffy MK2 (although it deffo looked good when you finished) when you knew you had that stunning V6 begging to be driven! :smiley:

Somebody likes Renaultsport's then!!! :smiley:

Diamonds are a girls best friend and all that. The Vee looks ace, love those things. Good work on getting those seats too. :thumbup:

Cheers very much, yes as soon as i saw the seats I knew I had to get them. Love the seats, so much comfier than the 197 ones! I love my Rs', will always have atleast one I hope!

Nice car history, Renault must love you :smiley:. Your Vee is beautiful, I'd love to pick one of these up as a second car one day, I'd just need a REALLY wide garage lol!

Ha, my Renault garage see £££ signs when they see me rock up. The vee does fit into a normal garage, just really difficult getting out! Luckily my garage is slightly wider. :smile:

god them V6 units look so good,how much scope is there to get more power out of them?

They are pretty, but really expensive to tune etc. Theres a few supercharged ones about.

How could you possibly drive that scruffy MK2 (although it deffo looked good when you finished) when you knew you had that stunning V6 begging to be driven! :smiley:

Lol I was heart broken when I saw the new clio in daylight! It was a right dog, and I payed 2k for it! :001_wub: Still, kept the vee away from all the salt & crap from winter.

Love the vee whats the running costs and whats the handling like and once again its a stunning

Cheers buddy. The running costs aren't too bad, but then she isn't my daily.

Fuel is around 26 mpg round town, about 31 on long journeys. £260 for a 12k service, front Michelin tyres were £250, rears which are wider £350, tax is £260 for 6 months, cambelt (engine out job) £1000 or so. She's been superb.

Some nice cars there, the colour of that red mk2 looks great.

Thanks, yes I do miss flame red especially with the 182 wheels :s

Thanks very much guys :smile:

Scary driving that car with that 197 steering wheel in mk2 clio. :blush:mg:

If you have a crash, that mean it won't goes off. Someone else crash to his clio with that steering wheel & didn't goes off.

Everyone thought it would work but how they know that, only dash light is off & that they think it working but it not!

nothing putting you off, just thought let you know.

Last edited:
Scary driving that car with that 197 steering wheel in mk2 clio. :blush:mg:

If you have a crash, that mean it won't goes off. Someone else crash to his clio with that steering wheel & didn't goes off.

Everyone thought it would work but how they know that, only dash light is off & that they think it working but it not!

nothing putting you off, just thought let you know.

How do you know it won't go off? Loads of vee owners have fitted them. Slso, how is it any more dangerous than a track wheel that has no air bag?

Last edited: