M5 Crash

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
Not sure if anyone has seen it on the news, but the accident last night along the M5 looks horrendous. Several people dead and many with life changing injuries. I hate to see bad road accidents, driving your car along the road as normal and you loosing your life is horrible.

What's more scary for me personally is that I was on that motorway yesterday, I drove past this section about 12.30.

It has just made me glad I made the decision to leave in the morning and miss the traffic rather than staying in Devon a bit longer.

I hope no one on here has been effected in any way, thoughts with those who have been involved.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2057829/M5-crash-Several-dead-breaks-motorway-pile-up.html

Last edited:
Geeeeezzz... Didn't know about this... Fog and wet weather believed to be the cause.

Horrific accident. Does make you wonder how 27 cars all managed to crash!? They think the death toll might go up to 21!! Terrible thing to happen, makes you appreciate the risk when your out and about.

on the radio saying a firework display in the area may have distracted drivers and caused it. Early days but seems strange for the amount of cars AND trucks, anyone whos been in a truck driving knows how far you can see ahead of you. Must have something to do with fog or mist.

Infact alot of these trucks now-a-days have cameras fitted to record what happens along with the tacho should give a good idea.

Saw it this morning too, its very tragic. You always think it will never happen to me but when you see something like that, 27 vehicles its plainly obvious that no matter how much a safe and careful driver you are you can quire easily end up in the middle of something like that.

My heart goes out to all those that have been touched by this terrible accident, its not just those directly involved but the many familes and friends.