LY200 - too loud or blow up again, taking bets!

Yeah AT Power, so usually with them the ECU will be the SC one. That's actually the one I'm looking at using via RS Tuning. Just waiting on Paul to get back to me on stuff. Apparently Ktec will have the Gen128 out end of summer - so it'll be a case of see whos out first. I'd probably say the Gen128 (GEMS) could be better, simply because theres a load of GEMS mappers whereas I don't know any SC mappers except Paul and it's not ideal having an ECU that needs to be mapped by a place near 5 hours away. But needs must I guess and Paul is very good so it def wouldn't stop me buying it due to locality.

In terms of ATP's bodies, I'm not massively sold on them, never have been and seen plenty of substandard results in the Peugeot world. They are just way too generic in their approach and as I'm somewhat of an ITB fanatic they don't fit what I'm looking for on the F4R.

Just crap that everything is so compelcated and pain in ass to anything with these cars

take fiesta ST stick set ITB no issues and map it. I'd love ITB just for sound but cost involed be mad. Be better banging a SC on it more bang for buck

Just crap that everything is so compelcated and pain in ass to anything with these cars

take fiesta ST stick set ITB no issues and map it. I'd love ITB just for sound but cost involed be mad. Be better banging a SC on it more bang for buck

Maybe, though the ST unless things have changed (I owned one a few years back), the only ITB kit available was just on the scene from DRM. Used fly-by-wire and a Dreamscience remap. I've no idea if it was any good though because there was no one on the forum who had it! Been a few years since I looked at those though :smile:

But you're absolutley right, the mk3 Clio is a pain in almost every aspect to modify. We should have all bought FN2's frankly because you can't beat a Honda for modding. Japs don't do things by half or produce anywhere near the level of **** we can buy!

if you go to post 11 in that Raptor has got a table in there to work it out. There's 70 teeth on the gripper crownwheel so I don't think the 69 teeth are essential.

and it was £920 odd delivered...:-(

Sound, I'll check it out later :thumbup:

they was used, think was on the odd rally car though and seen a fiesta race car with them
on

I was orginally looking at civics , but just amount of cocks that own them
put me off plus they are getting on now. The new civic handle pants compared to
last one too which best one go
for but u try find a good one now a days.

Shame, can't have clio handling with Vtec engine lol. All a clio needs is 23-240bhp and be pretty untouchable even by turbo cars as have that extra grunt in needs in the straights

Last edited:
Yeah I still think I'd go FN2 even though EP3 is meant to be "better". Like you say the EP3 does seem to attract that sort of person!!

230-240 is still the long term aim, but I used to say making a car fast (powerful) was easy and the handling/chassis was something you really needed to be starting with something inherently decent in the first place. Damn F4R might make me eat my own words!

Shame, can't have clio handling with Vtec engine lol. All a clio needs is 23-240bhp and be pretty untouchable even by turbo cars as have that extra grunt in needs in the straights

210 HEALTHY bhp are still enough for some turbo cars (RenFault ones at least). :smiley:

[video]https://youtu.be/5ZNl8p5i53Q[/video]

[video]https://youtu.be/8EIOzqDoB_8[/video]

You and your videos!! :lol:
210 might be ok/enough - but 230-240 would be way better! A proper 200bhp per tonne and you can have some proper fun :smiley:

Track days... Somewhere you mentioned, which ones you heading to??

Hello mate, still lurking :smile: Anything going on at West Meon soon? - I need to have a scan through PH actually.
Whats the latest with your car nowadays?

I'm booked on at Combe, June 15th open pit lane day. BHP Trackdays - £199 I think it was.
I'm thinking of making a pilgrimage up north for the Renault day at Oulton Park - 25th Aug open pit lane. OR push the boat out and head to Spa on 3rd Sep..... probably go north to be fair!

I'm at just over 200bhp per tonne - but in a barge. It gets interesting! lol

Nice, must surprise a few people I'm sure. Assuming you have an S40 as per the section on the side, what with all those years of cops using Volvo's means I never so much as get to close to the back of them!!

DEFINITELY!

I would kill for another 30bhp. :smiley:

i'd cut me left bollock off for extra 20bhp lol

Unless your a die hard NA nutcase like myself - I'd drop a Meg lump in if anyone was looking to tune these. It's def the best option - but at the same time it aint for me.

Unless your a die hard NA nutcase like myself - I'd drop a Meg lump in if anyone was looking to tune these. It's def the best option - but at the same time it aint for me.

I believe I could squeeze out some 10-15bhp more with the new intake manifold, head work and a remap to suit those mods. Hope to do it all by the end of this year (depending on my financial status, of course :smiley: ).

be good to watch someone else piss up money against the wall on these engines :smiley: it'll be tough to get a genuine 220-225bhp using 402's, not convinced they have enough lift or duration in them for that? Also I might be wrong.... but I'm assuming the original inlet isn't "that" bad because the R3 Evo uses it. - I know the last Clio with the F4R730 responded well to bodies, but that was because it's inlet was rubbish!

I think when mines on bodies it'll be getting another pair of cams, but this time vvt delete and solid lifters. - Need to make those pistons and all that valve clearance I have work for their money!! However 100% that won't be happening this year - long term plans!!

Need to ring RST actually and find out whats happening on the ECU front today really. If you're not moving forwards you're going backwards as they say!! (with respect to development)

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cliosport-carl Spotted 0
Zeezal Projects/Progress Threads 7
tkoh12 Clios For Sale 0
CL10 PAZ Spotted 0
tkoh12 Spotted 0