lUMIX g10?

Im thinking of buying a half decent camera and the lumix g10 seems to tick all the boxes for me

anyone got one and can give any advice on a decent DSLR

im not wanting to spend more than £400

you can get the g10 for £330 on the high street of £299 online now. also have a deal with free adobe software and free photography lessons!

they were around £400 at christmas time

I don't know anything about the panasonic but when I bought my DSLR I was only going to ever buy a canon or nikon. These are the two most popular brands and therefore have the biggest selection of lenses and accessories. I ended up with a Canon 400d and am very happy with it, stick some decent glass on it and its a superb camera, I used it with a 17-55mm F2.8 lens for a while which is about £800 worth, stunning photos but had to sell the lens after a while to raise some funds :worried:

My advise, see whats available from canon at around that price.

not sure on that model, but me & the missus families all have lumix's of different models and they are awesome! Really easy to use and take a fantastic picture!

The fz models of the Lumix are very good value. I'm going to have to go to a shop and get some advice. The g10 seems to get very good reviews

I had a pentax slr years ago and it was superb but I'm drawn towards the g10 for some reAson

Do it!

It is essentially the same software as in my latest toy - the GH1 - I would have gone for the G2 or G10 but I really wanted the longer 14-140mm lens. I absolutely love using it, very easy and straightforward menus, great pictures and compact size. If you haven't had a DSLR before it is a great starting point IMO as thats the situation I was in 2 months ago!

Here is my thread

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8244

They look like a good camera, the only problem you might come across (and the reason people stick with the nikon/canon twosome) is if you get remotely serious and want to look at other lenses.

Just as an example on a big camera website they have 54 lenses that might fit/work with the Panasonic but 139 to chose from for a canon.

Just so you know the downside too :wink: but I'm pretty sure you're going to buy it anyway :smiley:

yeah the upgraded lens for the g10 is £800 anyway so if i was to upgrade i would part ex the camera.

i think that it is a good starter though for the price

the sony alpha 290 is a good learner camera too and around the same money

the lumix comes with the adobe software worth £120 though which is a good extra feature.

Bought my camera last night. Lumix g10 from cameraworld.co.uk for £307 Inc postage. By far the cheapest I could find. Also get the adobe software and voucher for lessons!

Very good! IIRC the G10 has the touch-sensitive LCD screen so you can track movement and focus on individual subjects by pressing on them? Very good tech, especially for that price.

I hope you enjoy it mate! :smile:

cheers

it looks a good one

i was tempted with the sony a290 on special offer at jessops but the lumix is more compact

looking forward to getting it!

my new camera came today

had a chance to have a mess about with it and it seems excellent.

tomorrow i will have a play around with it and try and learn how to use it.

Good stuff, didn't seem to take too long for it to come through!

Hope you enjoy getting to understand it and use it properly :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Roy General Chat 0
Golgarth Latest Technology 7