Lowered 197's roll up please

MissMagpiev6

Paid Member
Guys, I need some help. I plan on fitting cup struts on the 197 but want a nice subtle drop with 20mm spacers. I don't want silly low, just enough to fill the arches a little better.

Whats good to get? I don't want a crashy ride tbh as I will feel I will ruin a perfectly awesome car.

cheers guys, Dawn :clap:

Just get eibach springs, no need for cup dampers, my mate had standard shocks on these springs and it felt much better! Nice and flat, and little roll and still retains a decent ride! Nice drop as well.

Little as possible as I need to get the cambelt, discs/pads all round & rear tyres soon! Poor vee isn't gunnu get a look in!

Just get eibach springs, no need for cup dampers, my mate had standard shocks on these springs and it felt much better! Nice and flat, and little roll and still retains a decent ride! Nice drop as well.

Cheers Mike, flippin bought the struts now ! :001_unsure: Oh well, still be on lower milage than my current non cup struts

They don't lower as much as the H&R's though, Scotts nimbus set up looks spot on with them

yeah but you said you don't want crashy and at times the H&R's can be just that,i run H&R's and tbf i've only ever noticed them to be crashy 2-3 times in well over a year of having them fitted,i'd go for H&R's just because of the way they make the car sit,they look spot on.

yeah but you said you don't want crashy and at times the H&R's can be just that,i run H&R's and tbf i've only ever noticed them to be crashy 2-3 times in well over a year of having them fitted,i'd go for H&R's just because of the way they make the car sit,they look spot on.

The anwer I was looking for! We got any pics coming along? :wink:

Cheers yo :tongue_smilie:

I've got H&R's with 20mm spacers and have to agree with Henderson about the ride and how it sits, spot on !

4CEAA168-DF2D-45C5-96FF-624F9F647598-17749-0000146BE0B02832_zps1d423278.jpg
928CC13E-25BA-453D-B014-9B922532D9E1-18254-000014ADFF0A768B_zpse1e5a96b.jpg
3B2367A5-5B40-41F3-87B2-7DADEF939A53-17749-0000146C562A270F_zps03898f49.jpg

Hope this helps

That looks superb! Deffo made my mind up! Would you mind measuring the clearance on the front end please? My drive is steep! Cheers

Ive got a brand new boxed set Im probably going to sell anyday now (H+Rs) - from Larkspeed a month or 2 ago.... (bought for 56 reg FF 197)

Never been on car or out of the box.

Me n the Mrs share my 197 .... Plus with a new dog dont think I want to go lower and harder currently - country lanes pita as they are lol. If it was me and me alone I would have fitted them a while ago. :banghead:

Just gotta take come pics n advertise....prob on fleabay.

(not trying to hijack thread - just helpin)

:beer:

Last edited: