Love dont call here anymore...

Well, it happens to us all at some point but I think ive finally lost the love of the Clio and its time to move on.

Im going to be putting my Clio up for sale in the new year, should be about end of Feb beginning of March when my insurance is up for renewal. Will have a few bits and pieces up for sale but more on that when the time comes.

The hard bit is what do I get with £20 to play with, want something quicker, reliable, nicer and not something old with huge miles on and been messed around with. The list I have so far is as follows:

Subaru impreza - Spec C/ STI Type UK
Evo 8/9 MR FQ300/ 340
Nissan 350Z - with the intention of supercharging it.
Honda DC5 - not much quicker
Honda FD2 Type R - Rare
Mini GP - Not sure bout speed
Megane R26 or R26.R - Reliability is an issue
R33 Skyline - hard to find a good one

Comments and suggestions welcome, dont want an A3, R32 or Seat as im not a fan but cannot think of anything for 20k that could o faster with low miles and decent age.

That looks like a fine example mate, what kind of power would it produce if you supercharged it?

Why not just supercharge the clio? It might re light the love for it?

Well, it happens to us all at some point but I think ive finally lost the love of the Clio and its time to move on.

Im going to be putting my Clio up for sale in the new year, should be about end of Feb beginning of March when my insurance is up for renewal. Will have a few bits and pieces up for sale but more on that when the time comes.

The hard bit is what do I get with £20 to play with, want something quicker, reliable, nicer and not something old with huge miles on and been messed around with. The list I have so far is as follows:

Subaru impreza - Spec C/ STI Type UK
Evo 8/9 MR FQ300/ 340
Nissan 350Z - with the intention of supercharging it.
Honda DC5 - not much quicker
Honda FD2 Type R - Rare
Mini GP - Not sure bout speed
Megane R26 or R26.R - Reliability is an issue
R33 Skyline - hard to find a good one

Comments and suggestions welcome, dont want an A3, R32 or Seat as im not a fan but cannot think of anything for 20k that could o faster with low miles and decent age.

i did say you would spend a lot for little gains if thats the issue?

surely the evo 8-9 is the one, ridiculously fast and tuneable, just running costs may be an issue.
or if u hav 20k and want a hot hatch..... v6??? :smiley:

surely the evo 8-9 is the one, ridiculously fast and tuneable, just running costs may be an issue.
or if u hav 20k and want a hot hatch..... v6??? :smiley:

Supercharge a 350z and u can run up to 380bhp without internals.

As for gains, its not the gains im bothered about, its the fact they are built like playdo and brake.

As for a V6 they arent quick enough and not practical for an everyday car - before anyone says it my brother in law has a 350z and said its a great everyday and weekend car combined.

I would go for the EVO, because it's 4x4, has a lot of space, and is fast & tunable car also.

But if you just want a fast car - supercharged 350Z.

I'd go for the Evo 9. Very tunable. A friend has one with a panel filter, Miltek catback and remaped. It's pushing around 385hp and 500Nm :scared: the only problem with Evo's is the gearbox after 450? 500? bhp iirc

Z4M, you can have 20-30k miles with a fair amount of options for what your looking to spend.

JDM ep3 and supercharge it ?

Theres a supercharged 350z that goes to knockhill and for every day use you would need ear-plugs, its a really quick car though but you would also need to look at up-rating the brakes.

I love the mini GP it's the only mini I would buy I think.

Personally I'd try and stretch my budget a little more and get a 22B, keep it as standard as possible and immaculate and you'll get as near as your money back in 2-3 years as clean ones never mind the car itself are very hard to find.

A Subaru wins for me! £20k would get you a nice RB320 which was a great car...if a little unsubtle!! It will be much easier to live with day-to-day than the Evo VIII/IX which are very track focused and excruciatingly expensive to run...

I quite like the new Lancer Ralliart which is quick, practical and very tunable. You'd get a new one with leather and sat nav for £20k.....

Nice dilemna though...good luck!! :thumbup:

I would go with the mini gp, my girlfriend just got one and its fantastic. Definatly quicker than a 197 and with go kart like handling there awesome because there are only 444 of them in the uk they will hold there prices well too and driven well will still return 32mpg.

I think for overall cost and running the GP will be just as fast and just as much fun as anything on your list.

It will be much easier to live with day-to-day than the Evo VIII/IX which are very track focused and excruciatingly expensive to run...p:

We made a comparison on a Slovenian forum with users who have different Subarus and Evos. The prices, the pro/cons, tunability, costs, etc. and there is almost no difference running these two beasts. I know that in the UK there are far more different models to choose from but given they have both the same horsepower the running costs are almost the same.

The Evo and Impreza are probably the last choice due to the fact they are both £2k to insure and tax and running costs are a joke. My problem is that my sister lives 200 miles away, olds live 50 miles away as well as mates and I do a lot of miles, hence why my Clio is on 50k near enough.

As much as I would love one, I think realistically its going to be 350Z or a Mini GP, although the GP just doesnt quite sit right with me.

£20k is my maximum budget and the only issue for my with an R33 is age and history.

Realistically im too picky but I want something nice that I knoqw where it has come from.

£20k is my maximum budget and the only issue for my with an R33 is age and history.

Realistically im too picky but I want something nice that I knoqw where it has come from.

I appreciate that. Bonsai are good though, never deal in "nails"

I spoke to them about 18 months ago and they could get me an R33 GTR Vspec, Midnight Purple, Nismo factory wheels and spoilers, HKS filters and HKS exhaust (standard other than that), graded at 4.5 (the highest a second hand car can be) for around 13k! Stack of history all through Nissan with 26k miles on the clock.

Ive got all the guff somewhere they sent me, its all in Japanese but quite a bit has translation :smile:

Theres some real minters out there mate, just get the right people and youll get a damn good deal and car, and with that budget you wont fail :smile:

I appreciate that. Bonsai are good though, never deal in "nails"

I spoke to them about 18 months ago and they could get me an R33 GTR Vspec, Midnight Purple, Nismo factory wheels and spoilers, HKS filters and HKS exhaust (standard other than that), graded at 4.5 (the highest a second hand car can be) for around 13k! Stack of history all through Nissan with 26k miles on the clock.

Ive got all the guff somewhere they sent me, its all in Japanese but quite a bit has translation :smile:

Theres some real minters out there mate, just get the right people and youll get a damn good deal and car, and with that budget you wont fail :smile:

Might have a little look into it, wouldnt mind a skyline, although might be another issue with insurance on a import skyline. Would you be able to PM me details or email them to me at mikey_b90@hotmail.com.

Cheers