Losing power in a corner

Hey guys,

I've noticed this a few times already with my 197. When I'm almost out of fuel and I'm going in a long corner in 'attack' mode, the power cuts off. The moment I return back into a straight line I'm able to accelerate as usual. Roundabouts etc are no problem.

So I'm having this just in long corners with low fuel level. Fuel pump?

Are you sure this is not fuel starvation under heavy cornering when running very low on fuel? If it was the pump you'd have the same problem all the time and not only when almost out of fuel.

Last edited:
Are you sure this is not fuel starvation under heavy cornering when running very low on fuel? It if was the pump you'd have the same problem all the time and not only when almost out of fuel.

Possibly. Should be a common thing? Anyone else experienced this?

Well you could always check your fueling at a garage just for peace of mind but I'm quite certain is the very low fuel conditions. I can't speak of experience because I never drive the car running on fumes!

Well, I had it tonight and it's still one stripe above the red for the fuel level. So it should be still ok imo... :smile:

That shouldn't cause you any problems mate to be honest so there is definitely something wrong there.

In your first post you mentioned ''almost out of fuel'' hence my previous posts. One notch to red is enough petrol to keep you going flat out without any issues. Mine does anyway.

Sorry, should have been more clear about that. My mate his 200 also keeps going at those fuel levels, so the problem will be on my car. Time for another visit at the dealership I guess!

How many miles on the car? Is it possible the fuel filter has got clogged from dirty fuel or from a lot of filtering of fuel?

If you driving the car hard then you should have at least 1/4 of a tank. Apart from fuel starvation you get all the **** that the filter doesn't get.