looking to buy, quick question

Hi all im looking to buy a 197 within the next two months just got a quick question, do all 197's come with keyless entry and keyless start, also (possibly stupid question) what does this mean exactly?

thanks

Hi all im looking to buy a 197 within the next two months just got a quick question, do all 197's come with keyless entry and keyless start, also (possibly stupid question) what does this mean exactly?

thanks

No they dont.

Some have normal key operated and others have keyless. Essentially the keyless card has a sensor, the car sees the sensor and allows you to unlock nd then start the engine by pushing the start button.

Welcome mate!

The Cup version has a normal key

The 'normal' FF version has the keyless entry and go, which IMO is the best invention ever. Basically walk up to the car, grab the handle and get in, then foot on the brake, hit the start button and then set off! Brilliant! I prefer it as I like 'ease of use' and it doesn't get easier than that. No need to take a key out of your pocket!

Fair point Ben!

I would have to get the same again now though as I really would miss it! Same with auto-lights and wipers!

Ye, only normal 197s come with keyless and as people have said above, you leave the card in your pocket, put your hand behind the door handle and it opens. Get in, depress the clutch and brake and press the button and the engine starts, push again and it stops. When it comes to locking the car, just push the button on the door handle and it locks.

IMO, is absolutely great thing, works really well and genuinely saves you hassle!

Thanks for clearing that up sounds quite neat, I'm not made of money so will be looking at getting a basic non cup which although may seem basic would be amazing to me lol what features could I expect?

The cup is more basic than a normal 197, the cup has all the gadgets stripped out to save abit of weight, your looking at keyless entry auto lights and wipers, climate control, cruise control, no doubt I've forgot some other stuff!

Auto lights and wiper + climate control aren't standard on the FF model. Options. Believe you'd lose the above mentioned keyless entry, air con, possibly side airbags (could be wrong though) electric mirrors colour coded body side mouldings. But gain lower, stiffer suspension and dampers, thicker anti roll bars, red calipers and anthracite alloys.

Ahh thought they were standard, learn something new! If mine didn't have auto lights and wipers I wouldn't be too bothered, find the auto wipers abit annoyin!

Hi there,

The best bit of the keyless entry system is the way you can lock the car as you walk away by using the little button on the door handle, or the middle of the Renault badge on the boot.

I only found this yesterday after a quick read of the manual, and its ace. Certainly impressive to non Clio owners.

Regards

Tim

My favourite bit is giving passengers a lift who stand at the door for ages waiting for me to open it, just grab the handle yourself lol!