Looking for 197 cup or F1, questions

Hi All,

Glad I found a forum for the 197/200's and hoping to buy one of these very soon.

Do CUP optioned cars have AC or did this have to be added? I would like an F1 with AC or a Cup with AC and Recaros if possible.

Also I have seen a couple or cars advertised with lowering springs, how does this affect the ride? I would like an original car but would put a modified car back to standard if worthwhile.

Cheers!

Both the cup and the F1 have the stiffer cup chassis option which makes the ride harder than a standard 197. Cups didn't have AC as standard, although it was an option, but the F1 did.

IMO, lowering sprigs tend to ruin the ride for anyone other than the driver. On these cars in particular the ride for a back seat passenger is vommit-inducing with lowering springs. Easy enough I change the springs though! And I have to admit, the 197s look great when they're lowered slightly.

Where are you from? You're welcome to come view my R27 as it might be up for sale in the near future, (I emphasise might).

Both the cup and the F1 have the stiffer cup chassis option which makes the ride harder than a standard 197. Cups didn't have AC as standard, although it was an option, but the F1 did.

IMO, lowering sprigs tend to ruin the ride for anyone other than the driver. On these cars in particular the ride for a back seat passenger is vommit-inducing with lowering springs. Easy enough I change the springs though! And I have to admit, the 197s look great when they're lowered slightly.

Where are you from? You're welcome to come view my R27 as it might be up for sale in the near future, (I emphasise might).

Thanks, it seems that the F1 is the right car for me.

Based in Surrey, J6 or 7 M25.

Looking for something with lower mileage if possible. At what mileages do the belts need to be changed on the 197?

Every 5 years or 72k, whatever is sooner. All the R27s should've had their belts changed by now, make sure you check that. What classes as lower mileage?

Afraid I won't be down there for a while, but I'm sure one of the members on here will let you look around their R27 to make sure it's right for you!

Every 5 years or 72k, whatever is sooner. All the R27s should've had their belts changed by now, make sure you check that. What classes as lower mileage?

Afraid I won't be down there for a while, but I'm sure one of the members on here will let you look around their R27 to make sure it's right for you!

Cheers Goose.

Under 45k miles would be nice.

Ive had a Trophy before, plus a ph1 and ph2 track car so fairly familiar with Clios.

Really looking forward to owning a 197.

i dont really see the point of a cup with aircon, it wont really be any lighter than a full fat with the cup chassis and you will lose the better dash, cruise control, keyless entry etc etc

Hi All,

Glad I found a forum for the 197/200's and hoping to buy one of these very soon.

Do CUP optioned cars have AC or did this have to be added? I would like an F1 with AC or a Cup with AC and Recaros if possible.

Also I have seen a couple or cars advertised with lowering springs, how does this affect the ride? I would like an original car but would put a modified car back to standard if worthwhile.

Cheers!

Ideally you want an F1 with Climate & a Cup with A/C-

S

lol was going to same the same for mine as mine MIGHT be up for sale :/

Would have to explain when we met but yeh have been thinking about it as have a wedding to pay for and also need to get on the housing ladder. I also get free diesel to a certain extent so stupid not to get a diesel really

Lol keeping options open Kev at the moment. I get free diesel so would be a massive benefit to get a diesel. Really really don't want to but you know what it's like. But I'm in no hurry to get a new car what so ever

Would have to explain when we met but yeh have been thinking about it as have a wedding to pay for and also need to get on the housing ladder. I also get free diesel to a certain extent so stupid not to get a diesel really

Both wedding and house will cost more than you first imagine!!! painful but worthwhile letting the car fix slide a bit until your feeling flush again.

If you want to meet and discuss let me know, cash waiting and I want an F1 asap.

Cheers

Lee

You can't be far from me C63, I'm minutes from Jct6 aswell.
picked up my R27 yesterday afternoon, although the misses has used it more than me so far.
seems a fun little car tho, and like yourself I've had a Trophy and 182 Cup, one of as a track car, the 197 certainly feels more refined and comfortable so far on the limited mileage I've driven it.

You can't be far from me C63, I'm minutes from Jct6 aswell.
picked up my R27 yesterday afternoon, although the misses has used it more than me so far.
seems a fun little car tho, and like yourself I've had a Trophy and 182 Cup, one of as a track car, the 197 certainly feels more refined and comfortable so far on the limited mileage I've driven it.

Hi Kelv, congrats on the new car.

Im near Chipstead.

Just saw a black one on the A217 leaving the BP garage, looked great!

Ah crikey, I didn't spot you said jct 6 & 7, we are probably even closer.
Statbucks in hooley is a frequented place for me :smile:

we are pretty much seconds from the Feathers in Merstham, and I do mean seconds.

I hope you find what you are after soon.