197: Little mods <£20

I know all this lot will cost more than £20 but each on it's own isn't that far out so you could do it in stages.
-Change all the interior bulbs to LED, there are plenty of sets on eBay. I got 2 packs of these here and have had them on for months with no issues
-Upgrade the headlight bulbs and sidlight bulbs (note they are a bit of a pain to change, there is a guide on here)
-New wheel bolts if yours are looking anything like mine did and rusty as hell
-Wind deflectors
-Window sticker/decals of your choice like the ones you can get from car shows and such if your into them
-Fake carbon wrap for some parts of the interior. e.g. vents, silver parts of the dash etc

One of the only things that I think you forgot was the Silvervision Indicator bulbs all round to get rid of the fried egg look front and back.

A set of clean fresh number plates (if yours have flags, writing etc) makes a world of difference.

With the black Renault badges that stick on are they any good? and also if you want to remove them are they easy to do so?

I bought off eBay from someone selling-up.

They fit over the top with double sided tape. Should be easy to remove.

Be careful - a 197 front is smaller than a 200's. Rears are the same.

Common mod. I'm chuffed with mine...

Stubby aerial about £10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only recommend doing this if you dont use the radio, or live in an area with outstanding radio signal. I swapped mine and ended up with little to no radio signal so had to swap back :worried: was fine around town but soon as reached motorway got nothing

Only recommend doing this if you dont use the radio, or live in an area with outstanding radio signal. I swapped mine and ended up with little to no radio signal so had to swap back :worried: was fine around town but soon as reached motorway got nothing

Pretty much correct.

Rubbish signal, but looks the nuts :smile:

Lots of suggestions here, depends what you actually want from the car, big changes, subtle changes etc...

I think wind deflectors are a good mod for about £20! Boot liner are about that also. Upgraded halogen bulbs is a practical one..

As long as you get a metal stubby aerial it works as well as the longer original. Mine was a Richbrook one from Halfords.

Rear de-wiper, anyone know the size of bung plug to get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk