Is it worth the money?

Clio 200 LY
40k miles
Sat nav
62 plate
No recaros tho.
£7700?

Tempted to buy but any thoughts?

Not an expert, but sounds like a decent price to me providing it's in good condition.

If you really want recaro's though, you're looking at an extra £1000/1200 for them, so might want to bear that in mind.

It does seem like a reasonable price, although I am admittedly out of touch on current values...

What I would suggest is to decide how important the Recaros are to you. If it's high on your list of priorities, then don't be tempted to rush towards a car that doesn't have them. It's an expensive mod down the line. Having said that, overall condition and service history is very important, so equally don't let Recaros distract you from some possible downsides, i.e. patchy history.

Sounds cheap to me for such a late car. Presume its got full history and not a stupid amount of owners. I'm not overly fussed about recaros but then I'm getting old...

Sounds cheap to me for such a late car. Presume its got full history and not a stupid amount of owners. I'm not overly fussed about recaros but then I'm getting old...

Full history and under warranty buddie so yeah all is good.

You have a link to the ad? An extra pair of eyes is handy, but several like you will get on this site is even better..

Not an expert, but sounds like a decent price to me providing it's in good condition.

If you really want recaro's though, you're looking at an extra £1000/1200 for them, so might want to bear that in mind.

Managed to go and get mine out of my old 200 before the salvage yard collects. Only costing me £100 so I can't believe my luck!

Reactions: Dystant
Some on here suggest that when buying - spec is everything. To the point that (If well serviced i presume) mileage is somewhat irrelevant.

As someone who wants every chance of a reliable daily that's likely to be cheap to run in the mid-term - id take a decent spec car (Minus the Recaro's) with low miles / owners every single time; over something with other 'toys' present / higher miles AND Recaro's.

Then again; as above like Gordini - Recaro's mean little to me and i doubt i'd even fit in them anyway.........

Reactions: Gordini