limited milage issues

200cup andy

Platinum Member
in a bit of a quandry ive got an interview tomorrow for a job thats a 50 mile round trip 5 or 6 days a week

now as my 200 is on the finance thing im limited to 6k a year which im going to kill. i dont really know what to do as im kinda stuck with the clio for 2 years now

when i ordered it i was in walking distance from my job, i doubt i would have got the 200 if i knew all this was going to happen

:worried::worried: advice anyone?

im going to loose so much either way

train? I am limited to 5,000 miles on my finance and my job is a 30 mile round trip each day 5 days a week so reckon I will be getting the train to work!

work out how much mileage you will do work wise etc and then look at your agreement on excess mileage - its usually 6p/mile and then calculate what it "could" cost you

it could be cheaper to buy a cheap moped or something like that and its costs could be offset by not using the 200

usually 6p a mile or something?

50miles x 5days x 52weeks = 13000 miles

13000miles -6000 allowance = 7000@6p = £420

not that bad is it? (you couldn't get a runaround plus ins and tax etc for that or a train ticket most prob!)

Last edited:
usually 6p a mile or something?

50miles x 5days x 52weeks = 13000 miles

13000miles -6000 allowance = 7000@6p = £420

not that bad is it? (you couldn't get a runaround plus ins and tax etc for that or a train ticket most prob!)

plus milage at weekends, shows, meets plus a service when i hit 12k
about 230miles to £50 fuel at best so filling up twice a week most of the time
brakes tyres because of the further distance
i think the job dont pay as well as my last one
it all adds up to me being totally skint

Im slightly worried about this issue for when I finish Uni in May and join the real world.
Hopefully, ill be able to get a job nearby or within bus travel.

Can't belive u buy a car you can't even drive as many miles as u wish circumstances change and 5 k miles per year is poor.

The extra milage is going to be a lot less that getting bummed by the dealer for handing it back.

Negotiate pay with the new employer, they expect it.

Have you ever though about leasing a car, don't know your age so not sure what insurance will be.

I had a lease car and it went back last year.

3 year lease on a 1.2 punto from brand new £130 a month.
But there is a few about £100 a month C1, Aygo and the peugeot (which ever one it is)

It worked really well for me, use that all week and then get the Clio out at the weekend!
Just a thought.

that would in theory mean im leasing two cars then

i dont even know if im getting the job yet so i will see after about 2pm tomorrow

that would in theory mean im leasing two cars then

i dont even know if im getting the job yet so i will see after about 2pm tomorrow

Good luck!

The mileage will not matter if you trade the car in against a new on at the end of your PCP

Good point!

TBH I think you will be better off just paying the excess milage, but have you considered the additional cost of fuel??? If you are worried about 6p/mile petrol costs will make your eyes water :scared:

I'm in the same position, my round trip to work is about 50 mile, (even more on a split shift!) and i have limited milage on my 200. Im not too worried about i'd rather enjoy my car since thats what i bought it for.

as above as well, petrol will cost you alot so take it into consideration.

your right, 50 miles a day say work 5 days? plus the mileage you do outside of going to work and back your looking at say 300 miles a week? at the momment probably around £50-55 a week, average say £240 a month on fuel? £2,860 a year. Plus the £235 p/a road tax ... thats over £3000. ..... the goverment are scum. :blush:mg:

Can you afford that? Thats what it comes down to.

The calculations for fuel economy, etc. are a bit flawed as you will probably get better economy in mundane use than your current weekend blasts, same for tyres, and the 12k service is only oil & filter, so not too bad.