Lightweight fixed buckets?

for me, I am not a big fan of the Pole Position. The shape is a little weak.

If i was going to buy some recaro's it would be the Profi's. as seen on the left here:

spgpolepos.jpg

I have had a few bucket seats in my time. Bride Vios III's were good, as were the Cobra Evolutions.

I would buy both makes again. Cobra make great seats, and you dont have to pay over the top for the name.

for me, I am not a big fan of the Pole Position. The shape is a little weak.

If i was going to buy some recaro's it would be the Profi's. as seen on the left here:

spgpolepos.jpg

I have had a few bucket seats in my time. Bride Vios III's were good, as were the Cobra Evolutions.

I would buy both makes again. Cobra make great seats, and you dont have to pay over the top for the name.

ive also run the profi spgs before the pole positions much more side support but less padding much more of a race seat so to speak still comfy though

I have a carbon/kevlar corbeau revolution in my track day car and i've travelled over 40.000 miles in that car road and track.

12 trips to the ring and never had a numb bum once, very comfortable, i'm only 5' 8" and i can look through the wings (reason i chose this seat) to see enough to pull out of junctions and the like, 5 point harness too, makes me laugh when people say you can't use the likes of this set up for an everyday car.

The corbeau seats weigh 4.7kg IIRC but just looked on their site and cant see this info on there.

This was seriously comfy when i had it in the car .

Bit much in a road car though !!!

And arms out stretched the " ears " got right in the way had to go . . .

2d72e0f3.jpg

6808874d.jpg

7156896d.jpg

The profi's are something to look at then...

Don't fancy wings tbh! Not my cup of tea haha

Some other people are recommending dimarco experts....anyone had any experience?
Can they really be any good for £300 a piece?

the recaro Apex is another tip top seat i have owned .

basicall a cheaper trimmed profi spg

But is it comfy :wink: haha

Anyone know if I can just go and sit on all the seats in tweeks? Only down the road haha

yes weaks have about 40 on display

having owned many seats and spent £1000's on trying to find the right ones id say a trip to tweaks and but the one that is most comfy . . .

all going to be about 10kgs or less so get whats comfy and feels right dont look at the price to start with

yes weaks have about 40 on display

having owned many seats and spent £1000's on trying to find the right ones id say a trip to tweaks and but the one that is most comfy . . .

all going to be about 10kgs or less so get whats comfy and feels right dont look at the price to start with

Tbf, I've resigned myself to not looking at the receipt when I pay anyways haha. I'm prepared to pay upto £1k a seat if they are head and shoulders above the rest :smile: haha

Tbf, I've resigned myself to not looking at the receipt when I pay anyways haha. I'm prepared to pay upto £1k a seat if they are head and shoulders above the rest :smile: haha

pfft need to go mad ! Motodrive for the win if thats your budget :smile:

more i have had poor pics in my car sorry

3696e2c6.jpg

DSCN3369.jpg

To be fair you need to decide how much your going to use the car and what for

the pole positions are amazing but have allot less side support than a profi etc

Now they just look sexy as fook!

Well I'm doing a full on bolt in Job for trackdays and Spa and ring trips :smile:

So interchangeable seats, bolt in cage, harnesses etc etc, so will be used quite abit :smile: maybe for the odd drive on a weekend too :wink:

If you buy recaros i have two pairs of recaro alloy mounts in the garage.

That's VERY handy to know! Thanks!

I still debating wether to have the seats in permanently in a daily? With a cage :-/
I use the back seats maybe once a week :-/ for one journey.

If not, I'd have to get the side tuns modified to fit directly onto the standard mounts