lights

Im a beginner on lights. Im wanting better lights on my 197 cup. ive wanting to put the xenons on of a 197 but i dont think its possible!? so what are my options? i keep reading posts about HID kits, what are these? as good as/better than the xenons?

they are xenons. They are a kit that plug into the bulb plug, wit a bulb the other end which goes into the light. 6000k is wat u need legally 4 a non projector light. 8000k wit projector. Hope this helps.

also depends on how blue you want to go, most people have 5000-6000k but its personal preference.

but then theres a chance of attracting unwanted attention from the boys in blue.

HID's should be made illegal on non projector headlights IMO they spunk light out at every angle. Then it is also a legal requirment that all cars fitted with xenons should also be fitted with headlight washers and auto leveling to stop you blinding other cars. Drives me mental all the cars round my way with them as i drive in the dark working nights and get blinded all the time.

Yeah I hate HID kits in non projector cars! It is actually an MOT failure if your car as pete put it "spunks" light out at every angle, its just that not all MOT stations bother with the test! They are just dangerous IMO. Proper Xenons or nothing!

4300k i think are the standard, ive heard 6000k is the legal requirement for non projector, 8000k legal for projector. factory fitted you have gota to have washers. but im sure theres no law for after market.