Lid Advice

Rogue

Platinum Member
I want to invest in a lid for my nugget and was wondering where's the best place to get one? I'll decide on whether I want it open/closed but the only real place with any variety is DT. - I've also found v2sport.com

Ideally don't want to spend any more than £100 as I'm not sure how much use I'll get, but basically...what ya saying?

I'd go full face and then you can use it for karting etc.

Helmets are a funny game as it's a case of how much do you value your head!

But a decent helmet for riding a moped would do you - just don't get one with a crazy design!!

sparco_club_x.jpg

I quite like this and it's only £70odd. It's not snell approved or anything, but for track days, do I really need to be arsed?

Only thing is that is isn't fire retardant either.

I quite like this and it's only £70odd. It's not snell approved or anything, but for track days, do I really need to be arsed?

Only thing is that is isn't fire retardant either.

Accidents happen on track days too, as said before it depends on how much you value your head. Personally the lid I wear cost me over £600 (a Shark Race R Pro Du Puniet replica) and is fully approved for racing. As for picking a lid buy one that fits and thats comfortable. All lids fit differently so it's important to find what fits the shape of your head, you really will need to try them on to see.

Last edited:
A good helmet IMO is a must for anything. I got my Arai when I had my moped as the way I see you can't put a value on your head! That said if it's for track days once in a blue moon then a cheaper one would be ok I suppose :/

I bought a simple open face from a local bike shop for £30.
Only need it 3-4 times a year for a few track days. Works out cheaper than renting them, so was worth it.

Personally i'd up your budget a little and look at a company called http://www.hedtec.co.uk/ they are SNELL SA2010 approved for international motorsport, open face ones are just £109 and i have a close faced one which is £150 and they also do HANS should you want to go that route.

I find it very comfortable and would advise you go full face so you can go in open top cars should the opportunity arise.

+1 on Arai helmets.

Go for full face - just because you're in a car doesn't mean something won't break through into the cabin if you crash.

personal preference, is open face for in car, it gives you much more vision and ease to talk to a passenger.
and trying to look down to fasten a seatbelt or harness with a full face helmet on has its restrictions.
i hate having a full face helmet on when in the car.